Originally Posted by EeeK
Sorry noob here with a note 3 just rooted with towelroot. How do I flash the 2 zip files?
1. Put both files (http://d-h.st/b3n
) into your sdcard.
2. Reboot into your custom recovery.
3. Make a NANDroid backup (Backup'n'restore / Backup)
4. Flash first file (flashlight_toggle_nb4_stock_part1), then second file (flashlight_toggle_enable_part2), both at "install .zip from sdcard" option.
5. Reboot system
6. Open Root Explorer / ES Explorer and go to "/system/priv-app" directory and delete these files: SystemUI.odex and SecSettings.odex
7. Reboot system
Press Thanks if this was useful!
---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------
Excellent and great post my dear OP.
However, can you make the flashlight a bit brigther? E.g. like some third party apps make?
Moreover I've added some toggles to settings.db, located at "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", this can be edit with "SQL Editor" app.
Append to register: MobileData; (for mobile data), WiFiHotspot; (to enable wifi hotspot)
How do I add Brightness and Screen Timeout toggles? which "commands" do I use? I'll edit this post when I found them!
Some suggestion: delete automatically in second script the SystemUI.odex and SecSettings.odex files, in order to avoid possible hand-errors.
Thanks, great post.