Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD]Enable Flashlight Toggle - Stock NB4 - 4.4.2

OP antiochasylum

25th May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
Just got my note 3, does this need to be rooted?
2nd June 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 54

246 posts
Will this work for the lastest sprint nc5 update?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Androidwarrior; 2nd June 2014 at 10:40 PM.
25th June 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #53  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 18

92 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been trying to do this on Dynamic Kat 4.0 with no luck. Can anyone help?

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
4th July 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
Sorry noob here with a note 3 just rooted with towelroot. How do I flash the 2 zip files?
20th July 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #55  
Flag Cali, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 22

171 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeeK

Sorry noob here with a note 3 just rooted with towelroot. How do I flash the 2 zip files?

Simple.

1. Put both files (http://d-h.st/b3n and http://d-h.st/PKx) into your sdcard.
2. Reboot into your custom recovery.
3. Make a NANDroid backup (Backup'n'restore / Backup)
4. Flash first file (flashlight_toggle_nb4_stock_part1), then second file (flashlight_toggle_enable_part2), both at "install .zip from sdcard" option.
5. Reboot system
6. Open Root Explorer / ES Explorer and go to "/system/priv-app" directory and delete these files: SystemUI.odex and SecSettings.odex
7. Reboot system
8. ENJOY!!

Press Thanks if this was useful!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Excellent and great post my dear OP.
However, can you make the flashlight a bit brigther? E.g. like some third party apps make?

Moreover I've added some toggles to settings.db, located at "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", this can be edit with "SQL Editor" app.
Append to register: MobileData; (for mobile data), WiFiHotspot; (to enable wifi hotspot)

How do I add Brightness and Screen Timeout toggles? which "commands" do I use? I'll edit this post when I found them!

Some suggestion: delete automatically in second script the SystemUI.odex and SecSettings.odex files, in order to avoid possible hand-errors.
Thanks, great post.
21st July 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Mobile Data Flashable
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum

Those are already there, you just need to add them to the settings.db with an sqlite editor, as you can see from the screenshots. Mobile data is already enabled for me

I suppose I could add it to the second part of the flashable zip. Where it enables mobile data and flashlight.

can put the mobile toggle into a flashable file please
29th July 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 333

927 posts
I flashed this on my wifes phone. She has fenny stock 1.3 and system ui just keeps crashing. It does not let me do anything but to remove the battery. Any help is appreciAted. Thanks.
1st September 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #58  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,125

830 posts
Donate to Me
More
I must say something and may be I repost this post on some other threads. Why instead of say hey flash this, tell us how to proceed with the new smali code?
I mean before it was
.parameter "context"

now it's
.param p1, "context" #Landroid/content/context;

many thing has changed like registers(before) now are named as locals.

so this mod is working if you flash as it is, but if you decompile the systemUI you'll face an error on log(or if you extract the FlashlightQuickSettings and push it to your system ui it's showing error), that smali files can't be decompiled, because of the old code (at least happened to me using android tool latest one) I think it's using latest apktool, so I'm gonna check if using an older apktool (not android tool) happens this to me again. Because I wonder how da hell they made this without getting any error on log?? I don't know all the smali language, there's no a guide on web of it too. I know that you can decompile the classes.dex using other tool without the need of apktool. But if you do something like that you can get a systemui fc. so tell us how to proceed please? or are you planning to keep info as a secret??? lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashlight quicktoggle kitkat mod
Previous Thread Next Thread