Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP] S4 Google Edition [SafeStrap]

Tip us?

rrrrrrredbelly
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrrrrredbelly View Post
dont think I've seen this issue posted, hoping someone has some ideas...

I've been running this on my vzn s4 for about 4 weeks now, yesterday while I was checking my voice mail, the keypad wasnt working to delete or save messages. If I called a number that required me to enter a number to be transferred to a certain ext, the keypad wasnt working. If I remove my vmail password from the voice mail settings, the keypad doesnt work to enter my password. I dont know how long this has been this way, but I know the keypad has been working at some point on this rom.

I was running 4.3, I upgraded to 4.4 this morning and still no luck. I have xposed running, but I uninstalled it and had the same issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Curious if anyone else is experiencing this, my keypad isn't working while in a call.

Thanks

jmsq
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Last night I made some progress on wifi tethering. I now know the commands to make it work, but I haven't figured out an easy way to implement the fix for everyone yet.

1. Toggle Wifi off.

Code:
# rmmod dhd; insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko "firmware_path=/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd_apsta.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt"
3. Toggle Wifi AP on; it should now be broadcasting properly.

4. When done, toggle Wifi AP off.

Code:
# rmmod dhd; insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko "firmware_path=/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd_sta.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt"
6. Toggle Wifi on.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jmsq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsq View Post
Last night I made some progress on wifi tethering. I now know the commands to make it work, but I haven't figured out an easy way to implement the fix for everyone yet.

1. Toggle Wifi off.

Code:
# rmmod dhd; insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko "firmware_path=/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd_apsta.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt"

Code:
# rmmod dhd; insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko "firmware_path=/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd_sta.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt"
6. Toggle Wifi on.
Thanks, confirmed working on my phone and it will be useful. I created a one line file for each command and pushed them to /system/bin for ease, but I don't know how you'd get it to run when AP is toggled.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Surge1223
Old
(Last edited by Surge1223; 17th August 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,581

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

1. Toggle Wifi off.

Code:

Code:
6. Toggle Wifi on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Thanks, confirmed working on my phone and it will be useful. I created a one line file for each command and pushed them to /system/bin for ease, but I don't know how you'd get it to run when AP is toggled.
This is the same way I would toggle hotspot on and off when we had to downgrade to mk2 on vzw s4. An easy way to implement this for people would be to create a new toggle that calls that intent action. Or using/editing an apk to do this. Although deadlysin's method of having the files in system/bin shouldn't be tough for people to do.

Another idea is it to create a conditional if then statement based script to determine when to turn off/on WiFi AP etc. I just wrote a rough idea of this in the form of a script. You can probably expand on this to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

Quote:
#!/system/bin/sh

if [ ! -z "$(cat /proc/modules | grep 'dhd*')" ]; then
echo "WiFi/AP already on"
else
insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko
fi
Or I guess maybe in this particular case

Quote:
#!/system/bin/sh

if [ ! -z "$(cat /proc/modules | grep 'dhd*')" ]; then
echo "WiFi/AP already on"
else
insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko "firmware_path=/system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd_sta.bin nvram_path=/system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt"
fi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marbertshere
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:

1. Toggle Wifi off.

Code:

Code:
6. Toggle Wifi on.
Is it possible to use an app like tasker to make the process a little easier?

npjohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
This is the same way I would toggle hotspot on and off when we had to downgrade to mk2 on vzw s4. An easy way to implement this for people would be to create a new toggle that calls that intent action. Or using/editing an apk to do this. Although deadlysin's method of having the files in system/bin shouldn't be tough for people to do.

Another idea is it to create a conditional if then statement based script to determine when to turn off/on WiFi AP etc. I just wrote a rough idea of this in the form of a script. You can probably expand on this to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

Or I guess maybe in this particular case
Hmm... this sounds like an Xposed module in the making..... XD

pendragon11
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Hotword
Gingervolt 1.3, BK 1.0, ice cream kangwich theme, supercharged etc etc. thanks to you all

untruestory
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Has anyone investigated getting the Samsung camera to work on this? I mean, if this ROM is using a modified stock kernel then we're closer than aosp right? Anyone know of any clues as to what files are used by the stock camera?