(list) cm11 "apps safe to remove"

20th July 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #11  
Flag Ile d'Oleron
Thanks Meter: 105

303 posts
Donate to Me
More
M8 brings several changes in the apps. I tested some stuff (updated M8 from M7) :

CMAccount.apk may cause problems (removed it, then added it again and going back to home was running first time assistant).
Lockclock.apk can't be removed anymore, it causes androidui error at boot (up to M7 it could be removed) because there's no way anymore to disable it. You can delete it, but at start there's at least one message box to close.

I removed lots of safe apps, but no way, I got random bugs :
Apollo, Basic Dreams, Browser, CellBroadcastReceiver, CMFileManager, CMWallpapers, DownloadProviderUI, DSPManager, Email, Exchange2, Galaxy4, LatinIME, Mms, PhaseBeam, VideoEditor, VoicePlus, WhisperPush.

I eventually went back to M7, it caused too many bugs for me (FC at start, random wallpaper errors, ...).
I think I'm going to build a M8 zip with all apks I don't want in a bak folder, add some GApps and some of my apps/data and flash from full wipe, I guess the M8 needs to regarding problems I have with...

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Oh, by the way I guess I may script a cleaner. It would be easier for me and I would share it with no problem.

Just make sure you've ADB, debugging enabled, USB cable and pop corn
31st August 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #12  
Flag Como
Thanks Meter: 273

232 posts
More
Hi guys, what about CM home.apk in /system/priv-app? What is it and it's safe to remove?
31st August 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 115

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste22032

Hi guys, what about CM home.apk in /system/priv-app? What is it and it's safe to remove?

Not had cm on my device in a while, but I believe cmhome is similar to Google now and it ties in with trebuchet. Try deleting it, shouldn't cause any problems.
Cheers

Sent from my One Mini using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #14  
Flag Como
Thanks Meter: 273

232 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Not had cm on my device in a while, but I believe cmhome is similar to Google now and it ties in with trebuchet. Try deleting it, shouldn't cause any problems.
Cheers

Thank you, just deleted it, everything is ok. If it's for trebuchet is completely useless for me, i use Nova launcher

Have a great day my friend!
31st August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
DeskClock.Apk
LockClock.Apk
PrintSpooler.Apk
Stk.Apk

are safe to delete.
1st September 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 115

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpernickel1

DeskClock.Apk
LockClock.Apk
PrintSpooler.Apk
Stk.Apk

are safe to delete.

Yupp! But if you remove lockclock.Apk and deskclock.Apk you lose clock on homescreen and locksreen, I left them in as I think most folk use them. I also noticed if you replace them with 3rd party ones from play store they tend to have higher battery drain. Cheers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps safe to remove, cm11
Previous Thread Next Thread