Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

[Q] Unlocked Bootloader, Unrooted OTA Update?

OP dhisonnn

7th January 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #11  
Flag Port of Spain
Thanks Meter: 24

41 posts
Yes, you'll be able to get the 4.3 update without the TA partition. But, as everyone else here said, make sure you're on a stock ROM, with a locked bootloader.
7th January 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 246

622 posts
More
Locked bootloader ----> You can use PC Companion or Flashtool to update your phone
Unlocked bootloader ------> Flashtool only
Also, don't try to update your phone via OTA while having your bootlader unlocked, because it will brick your device.
1st September 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schokonuss

If you didn't flash anything on your device you can relock your bootloader without any problems. If you had a custom recovery, kernel or ROM and you relock your bootloader while having this custom recovery, kernel or ROM this should brick your phone (I think this could even be a hard brick) but if everything is stock (like I already said) there shouldn't be any problems with relocking

TA partition contains the working bravia engine (2) which gets lost if you unlock bootloader. If you had made a backup of the TA partition you could restore this and get the bravia engine back

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

My original Stock Rom had been flashed to CM 10, but now I have flashed it back to stock rom that I tried to search online from this site. Is it counted as original stock rom or not? My phone is unlocked bootloader, and I got ota update but cannot install, I don't know why; maybe it has been changed or maybe of unlock bootloader?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread