Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 48,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Minix NEO X8 and X8-H Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV BOX

Tip us?

fuzzynco
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default X8-H Finless 1.0 rom. How can establish a location (for weather et al)

I have widgets that require location services, but the system doesn't seem to recognise
coarse location services. Would one of the apps that fake a GPS location work to
provide the apps with a location to use?,

Does the stock beta rom support NTFS or exFAT for R/W?

Is the root instructions meant for the stock rom since Finless is pre-rooted?

Will the zip file that Titanium Backup creates work in the stock recovery?

question55
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought this and was hoping for a smooth out of the box android experience. I have an Android phone and tablet and found that chromecast's limited mirror capabilities wasn't for me ... hence the Neo X8-H seemed like the perfect device for me!

The first day I used it, it was great. The Air mouse took some getting use to but it was free so I couldn't complain much. I didn't like the pre-installed launcher so I used the basic Google one. Installed youtube, netflix, etc and was good to go

The next day it wouldn't connect to the internet. It had a strong signal but the speed was too slow to even download apps from the Play store.

Anyone have this problem? Know how I can fix this?

GeekEric
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by question55 View Post
I bought this and was hoping for a smooth out of the box android experience. I have an Android phone and tablet and found that chromecast's limited mirror capabilities wasn't for me ... hence the Neo X8-H seemed like the perfect device for me!

The first day I used it, it was great. The Air mouse took some getting use to but it was free so I couldn't complain much. I didn't like the pre-installed launcher so I used the basic Google one. Installed youtube, netflix, etc and was good to go

The next day it wouldn't connect to the internet. It had a strong signal but the speed was too slow to even download apps from the Play store.

Anyone have this problem? Know how I can fix this?
Please try to turn off your wifi and then turn on to test.

or restart the wireless routers.

fairyrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question M8 S802

I have the M8 S802 box, which is (almost) the same as the NEO X8. Box works fine, but I can't get youtube or netflix in 1080p. looks like 480p or 720p at best.

I've searched some, but I can't figure out if 1080p is even possible on android devices in general ?

Does anybody have any ideas ?
Tags
minix neo x8-h, minix neo x8-h firmware, minix neo x8-h review, minix neo x8-h root, minix neo x8h