Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] APK Downloader Extension - download apks without play store

Tip us?

gavinlew
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Doesnt work, trying to download https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imblebit.vegas which is country restricted (Canada). Set device to Rogers Wireless, get APK not found errors.

Indru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tried with these two:

com.spotify.music
com.rdio.android.ui

Neither worked. The application is useless.
Note that they are both free and I know for a fact Spotify is compatible with my SM-N9005 because I have the app installed already, from a downloaded APK.
Therefore all the previous myths suggesting that if the downloads don't work the app is either paid-type or incompatible with the device are debunked. (Is that the word? Debunked? Not a native English speaker here.)

The error I get:
Api exception: App not found.

jackpf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indru View Post
Tried with these two:

com.spotify.music
com.rdio.android.ui

Note that they are both free and I know for a fact Spotify is compatible with my SM-N9005 because I have the app installed already, from a downloaded APK.
Therefore all the previous myths suggesting that if the downloads don't work the app is either paid-type or incompatible with the device are debunked. (Is that the word? Debunked? Not a native English speaker here.)

The error I get:
Just tried both of those and they download fine for me. Maybe your gsfid has been registered with an incompatible device or country?

Indru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpf View Post
Just tried both of those and they download fine for me. Maybe your gsfid has been registered with an incompatible device or country?
The app supposedly downloads apps that are restricted. If device incompatibility would affect this it means the app doesn't do what it says it should.

My phone is rooted and has the latest CM on it, Stable not Nightly, fyi.

ars_92
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indru View Post
Tried with these two:

com.spotify.music
com.rdio.android.ui

The error I get:
Both of those apps downloaded flawlessly on my rooted note 3 on touchwiz firmware using this apk downloader.
@jackpf, is it possible for you to implement long press to delete the downloaded apk? Much easier than going into a file manager and deleting them :P

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

lovestruck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I get this error message when I tried downloading Japanese apps: Api exception: App not found

These are the links that I tried to download using app:
jp.co.infocity.ebook
com.voltage.g.hoshi

Are there any settings that I can tweak with this app? Please take note that my phone is not rooted.

Does it have something to do with GSF ID? I downloaded Evozi's Android Device ID and I have been using their Chrome Extension for a couple of months but recently, I can't seem to download files and the error message I kept on receiving was: ERROR: Cannot download this app! Please check the apps is compatible with your country or device.

I really appreciate your help on this matter, thanks in advance.

danielckw
Old
(Last edited by danielckw; 23rd August 2014 at 05:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
com.square_enix.android_googleplay.yantama

Anyone can download this???/ Use the default setting said App not found...

Using website also cannot download

Package name or Google Play URL Visit Play Store

com.square_enix.android_googleplay.yantama

This app might be incompatible with our downloader or it's a paid app, we are using USA (T-Mobile)

Please use Chrome Extension instead

sancho_panzer
Old
(Last edited by sancho_panzer; 24th August 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 138
@jackpf why did you put your app on Play Store? Do you want Google to remove it?!
sancho_panzer_sig

magicphone
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So far so good. 2 questions:

- How do you update your apps?

- What would be a desktop version; if you prefer to download the .apk for your desktop then move to your phone from there?

jackpf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicphone View Post
So far so good. 2 questions:

- How do you update your apps?

- What would be a desktop version; if you prefer to download the .apk for your desktop then move to your phone from there?
Hi, at the minute there's no way to auto update apps or check for updates, you'll just have to check the version on the play store and download the apk again.

There is a chrome extension that does the same thing I think I posted earlier in this thread.