Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question on water damage indicator

OP fantus1

27th January 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #11  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519

1,124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeineshock

there are no waterindicators like you have on the xz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan

I can almost guarantee you there is. I'll see what the official support docs say tomorrow and report back. Most likely its hidden in or around the SIM tray as it is with most battery internal phones

Not sure sure about the s, but on the z1 the inside/back of the flaps are white. These turn red if they get wet. The indicators are not on the phone body but rather on the flaps themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
More
Lol
Where? Can you show me /us?
I cannot see any indicators on my flaps

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #13  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 61

362 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan

Not sure sure about the s, but on the z1 the inside/back of the flaps are white. These turn red if they get wet. The indicators are not on the phone body but rather on the flaps themselves.

I'm curious now, I doubt what you've said is true as the flaps look the same as the ones off the Z in terms of material and composition, the Z flaps don't turn red, or mine would have looked like a car brake light.
27th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #14  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519

1,124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkymole

I'm curious now, I doubt what you've said is true as the flaps look the same as the ones off the Z in terms of material and composition, the Z flaps don't turn red, or mine would have looked like a car brake light.

Just going by what others here have said. Some have reported theirs turning red. Mine are white, and not about to test it
27th January 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #15  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 61

362 posts
More
Quote:

Just going by what others here have said. Some have reported theirs turning red. Mine are white, and not about to test it

I've just confirmed it, dripped a couple of drops of water out of a syringe onto the flap over the USB and the flap over the Sim tray, Nothing changed.

I was careful enough to make sure the phone was at such an angle that any water could not possibly get into the handset. And my warranty is already toast before anyone says how daft I was
28th January 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #16  
Flag Fairfax
Thanks Meter: 170

419 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nope, small white square on the top front edge of the SIM card slot. Totally above the slide out with the IMEI information
26th April 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 33

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan

Nope, small white square on the top front edge of the SIM card slot. Totally above the slide out with the IMEI information

Any pictures?
1st September 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Water damage indicators - Xperia Z1 (C6903)
Name:  20140829_083413.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  32.9 KB

Name:  20140829_083250.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  29.2 KB

Are those the water indicators on the z1 (c6903)?? i can`t find any water indicators and i don` t know if these are the correct one.
I used my xperia z1 on the pool more than 2 times and the last one i took it less than 5 minutes and now isn`t working anymore. with the flaps firmly closed... when opening the flaps to see if the water goes in, surprise, no single drop of water in any flaps. help me pls..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread