[KERNEL] Next |Ep7.8 / 7.9| |Ep8.5| |Ep10.4| |Sense / AOSP|

Search This thread

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Hello,
does somebody else have network mode switching to 2G only ? I do not know if it is ROM or kernel related. I am on carbon ROM and ep 10.4 of July, 5th.
Thanks

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
@audahadi : on carbon for a long time now. But I suspect it is related to ROM battery saver mode, though I configured it to stay in 2g/3g. Will play with it to confirm. Thanks
Edit : OK confirmed that battery saver mode is the culprit. Sorry for the disturbance

Last edited:

dodo333

Jan 7, 2013
Rijeka
Hi guys, I just recently got HTC One X so be gentle please :p, I had xperia mini before and kernel flashing proces was a bit different so I'm kinda confused, so if you could tell me can I flash this kernel to One X with stock 4.2.2 ROM, and if I can, could you explain me how please because I'm confused and I don't want to brick my phone or something :). Thx guys

Angelo37

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
Hi guys, I just recently got HTC One X so be gentle please :p, I had xperia mini before and kernel flashing proces was a bit different so I'm kinda confused, so if you could tell me can I flash this kernel to One X with stock 4.2.2 ROM, and if I can, could you explain me how please because I'm confused and I don't want to brick my phone or something :). Thx guys
Well you need to unlock bootloader, root and flash kernel with fastboot

dodo333

Jan 7, 2013
Rijeka
Ok, I get that, but what I don't understand is that there is Cpu Quiet, MPdecision and Intelliplug so I don't understand do I have to download and flash all three of these or what, and which zip exactly do I have to flash with recovery? Sorry guys haha, I just want to check, because on xperia it was just boot.img, flash it with fastboot and done, but here is different so I'm unsure :)

p70shooter

Jan 9, 2013
Ok, I get that, but what I don't understand is that there is Cpu Quiet, MPdecision and Intelliplug so I don't understand do I have to download and flash all three of these or what, and which zip exactly do I have to flash with recovery? Sorry guys haha, I just want to check, because on xperia it was just boot.img, flash it with fastboot and done, but here is different so I'm unsure :)

Just flash one, just gotta choose which one you want and then flash it like you said. Flash boot.img and then in recovery flash your chosen zip.

Reactions: dodo333

myheroduane

Jan 29, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
Now you have a new shiny phone will you be making a final release for your kernels. Please don't mistake this for an eta, and thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for all of us HOX owners.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer : I'm no developer. I don't know how to write code. Just cherry-pick stuff. Flash at your own risk. Just thought to share.

Huge Credit & Thanks to these guy/lady :
    LorD ClockaN, Thömy, n3ocort3x, maxwen, franciscofranco, faux123, Xmister, show-p1984, lyapota, tbalden, metallice, tripnraver,Christopher83, AICP Team, p880 devs, all rom/kernel developer, all guide author and the community.

Were tested before release. But not fully on sense. AOSP my daily driver.

Feature

Govenor : + smartmax, smartmax eps, gaming, intelliactive, wheatly
    Scheduler : + BFQ, ROW,SIO,VR
    Extra : GPU overclock (default at 520), LP core overclock (640) Undervoltage (LP,GPU,RAM,MPU,CORE), Sweep to Wake (S2W), Double Tap to Wake (DT2W), pocket protection, LP core interface, Button backlight brightness, button blink notification

*Do Not Repack For CpuQuiet Version*

Sense / Aosp

Cpu Quiet : Ep 7.8 / Ep 7.8 OC / Ep 7.9

MPdecision : Ep 8.5 / Ep 8.5 OC

Intelliplug : Ep 10.4 / Ep 10.4 OC/Ep 10.5/Ep 10.5 OC

Older Released : Kernel Folder

Change log see post #2

How to flash:

For S-OFF
    1. Download ZIP file and put to SD card
    2. Flash ZIP from recovery

For S-ON
    1. Download ZIP file and extract kernel\boot.img to Kernel Flasher fastboot dirrectory on the PC
    2. Put ZIP file to SD card and flash from recovery
    3. Reboot to bootloader and flash kernel by Kernel Flasher from PC

Next Kernel Source

> Be gentle :D
    New episode on air

Brieflog :

• Removed HTC advance setting
    • Gpu OC per franco
    • Aosp zip contain aicp 2.0 and cm10.2.1 boot.img (if user on other rom stated who have bootloop please provide rom boot.img with rom info)
    • For cm10.2.1 user please delete xposedselinuxrelabel in system/etc/init.d
    • For those who don't want xposed xploit please raise up for another boot.img as there is vulnerablity issue with xposed
    • There is init.d script for kernel parameter setting
    Changelog

Next Kernel Parameter (init.d script)

#!/system/bin/sh
    # **************************************
    # init.d script for Next kernel
    # **************************************

#***************************
    # Cpu Freq & Governor Setting
    #***************************
    # Gov = ondemand, performance, interactive, smartmax, smartmax_eps, intelliactive, gaming, wheatly
    #echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    #echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    #echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    #echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_governor

# Freq min = 51000, max = 1600000
    #echo "51000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    #echo "1600000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

#*******************
    #Sweep2Wake Setting
    #*******************

#enable=1, disable=0
    #echo "0" > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake
    #echo "9" > /sys/android_touch/s2w_register_threshold
    #echo "325" > /sys/android_touch/s2w_min_distance
    # Sweep direction
    #echo "1" > /sys/android_touch/s2w_allow_stroke
    #enable=1, disable=0
    #echo "0" > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
    # 0 = use whole screen
    #echo "1300" > /sys/android_touch/doubletap_barrier_y
    # Duration between tap, min = 120, max =350
    #echo "150" > /sys/android_touch/doubletap_duration
    #echo "150" > /sys/android_touch/doubletap_threshold
    #enable=1, disable=0
    #echo "0" > /sys/android_touch/pocket_detect

#*********************
    # LED button
    #*********************
    # Enable=1, disable=0
    #echo "0" > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/slow_blink

# Value Min=0 , Max=225
    #echo "225" > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/button_brightness

#******************
    # Touchscreen
    #******************

# Enable=1, disable=0 - for multitouch issue
    #echo "0" > /sys/android_touch/calibration_control

#*******************
    # Audio Freq
    #*******************
    # Enable this if playing music stutter
    #echo "204000" > /sys/module/snd_soc_tlv320aic3008/parameters/audio_min_freq

#*******************
    # Cpu Freq Hard Cap
    #*******************

#echo "1200000" > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/cpu_user_cap

#******************
    # CpuQuiet
    #******************
    #To limit how much cpu online, min=1, max=4
    #echo "4" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuquiet/tegra_cpuquiet/max_cpus
    #echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuquiet/tegra_cpuquiet/min_cpus

#******************
    # Mp Decision
    #******************
    #To change those frequencies echo the cpu number + the frequency in khz.
    # To verify [ cat /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs ]
    #echo "0 102000" > /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
    #echo "1 102000" > /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
    #echo "2 102000" > /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
    #echo "3 102000" > /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs

#To limit how much cpu online
    #echo "4" > /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/max_cpus
    #echo "1" > /sys/kernel/tegra_mpdecision/conf/min_cpus

#****************
    # Frandom
    #****************

# Script to launch frandom at boot by Ryuinferno @ XDA

#insmod /system/lib/modules/frandom.ko
    #chmod 644 /dev/frandom
    #chmod 644 /dev/erandom
    #mv /dev/random /dev/random.ori
    #mv /dev/urandom /dev/urandom.ori
    #ln /dev/frandom /dev/random
    #chmod 644 /dev/random
    #ln /dev/erandom /dev/urandom
    #chmod 644 /dev/urandom

Aweseome u made it. Just a little info for AOSP/SENSE. U will need 2 defconfigs. Where in AOSP one for example # HTC_PNPMNGR is not set (what fixes core usager on AOSP) u will need it in SENSE defconfig set to HTC_PNPMNGR=y (otherwise u could run into issues). There is a lot of other stuff disabled in our AOSP defconfig, you should re-enable that for sense (SENSE PLUS is such a value, just check git waht thömy and me reverted and revert it back for Sense version)

Keep the kernels coming :highfive:
    Test Version

Revert most previous stuff and do rework. Smartmax/smartmax_eps could not behave properly with certain shed. Mobile data work ok now.

Sense
    Aosp

Changelog

e96fdf0 - audahadi : Optimize MMC Speed https://github.com/P880-dev/android_kernel_lge_x3/commit/66504848aac0c4fd0519cf1c04dc2da3ea25f31e
    c3ba110 - franciscofranco : Fix SMC #0 compiling error
    104809b - audahadi : cpufreq: break earlier if the target_freq is equal to the current freq. Signed-off-by: Francisco Franco <franciscofranco.1990@gmail.com>
    3633360 - audahadi : edp: Allow all cores to go up tp 1.5GHz https://github.com/P880-dev/android_kernel_lge_x3/commit/42599026f1894865a537609d82c96be00b4c5a92
    d316eda - Francisco Franco : thermal: modify the workqueue to the newer alloc_workqueue. create_singlethread_workqueue is obsolete. Give it RESCUER and UNBOUND flags, the latter so that its not bound to its cre
    efc5470 - Francisco Franco : wakelock: remove deprecated create_singlethread_workqueue and replace with the modern alloc_workqueue.
    39ca1bb - Rafael J. Wysocki : PM / Hibernate: Freeze kernel threads after preallocating memory
    ab02af9 - Tejun Heo : freezer: fix current->state restoration race in refrigerator()
    ab02e1a - maxwen : lowmemorykiller: make default lowmemorykiller debug message useful
    7dc01bb - audahadi : defconfig update
    567ab46 - maxwen : lowmemorykiller: Add config option to support oom_adj values The conversion to use oom_score_adj instead of the deprecated oom_adj values breaks existing user-space code. Add a config option
    3521330 - maxwen : lowmemorykiller: adapt from Samsung's JF series kernel - credits to faux123 https://github.com/faux123/Find5-Kernel-Source/commit/9fb3fbe09bded21869d62176201767bcde4d8887
    c25f0e9 - audahadi : all cpus should use same governors (thanks at maxwen )
    5c47f81 - n3ocort3x : add maxwens input mediator & hopefully fix smartmax/smartmax_eps kernel panic
    a5a83ae - Francisco Franco : block: cfq: winning values.
    73e9efb - Francisco Franco : block: deadline: fix magic values.
    fa4021d - Francisco Franco : block: cfq: finally nailed CFQ tunables correctly, damn multipliers. Thanks osm0sis for cranking this last bit up.
    1a3a4c9 - Francisco Franco : block: cfq: tweak all CFQ tunables. Researched by my mates malaroth, osm0sis, joaquinf, The Gingerbread Man, pkgnex, Khrushy, shreddintyres. Please if you copy this values make sure
    3f2dc02 - Francisco Franco : block: deadline: hardcode magic values from the usual suspects.
    25cba11 - xiaobing tu : deadline: Allow 0ms deadline latency, increase the read speed
    e628398 - audahadi : drivers/cpuquiet/governors/runnable_threads: fix typo derp (faux123)
    8fe2e6c - Srivatsa S. Bhat : CPU hotplug, writeback: Don't call writeback_set_ratelimit() too often during hotplug
    c3504ed - Gokhan Moral : add SIO I/O scheduler
    b3e94b0 - audahadi : use XZ compression
    4ac15c2 - Imre Kaloz : ARM: support XZ compressed kernels
    33e25ab - audahadi : beginning of Ep3
    e3a03b0 - audahadi : remove build script from kernel directory
    f91ffc0 - Bhavesh Parekh : ARM: Tegra: Fix PowerGate status logic