Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does your Dot View Case close all the way??!

Tip us?
 
wraith2626
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1XNobleX1X View Post
I just wondered because you said the case broke in after a week.
I'm wondering whether I should purchase the Spigen Glas.tR. which is 0.23mm or should I purchase a 0.15mm screen protector instead.
Does the glass effect the viewing of the case?
Are you having problems with the case with the glass at all?
Thanks!
Case was not broke....case was broken in so that it closed even with the tempered glass protector on. Sorry for the confusion. Love the dot view case.
 
X1XNobleX1X
Old
#22  
X1XNobleX1X's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Melbourne
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith2626 View Post
Case was not broke....case was broken in so that it closed even with the tempered glass protector on. Sorry for the confusion. Love the dot view case.
"I just wondered because you said the case broke in after a week."

Isn't that I said? Never said anything about being broken.
 
boogief1
Old
#23  
boogief1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 178
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da CHI
I just got my dot case hope it gets broken in i have a privacy screen protector is kind of thick anyone recommend a nice thin privacy screen protector?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Terra1
Old
(Last edited by Terra1; 10th July 2014 at 01:00 PM.)
#24  
Terra1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 117
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne
So why is everybody using a screen protector when they have a case that covers the screen??? I love the case and don't think my fingers will scratch the screen anytime soon.....

Enjoy the M8's beautiful screen naked..

Sent From My HTC One (M8) Using XDA Premium 4 Mobile App
HTC ONE M8 On Virgin/Optus..........
 
Chris_c81
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 335
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1 View Post
So why is everybody using a screen protector when they have a case that covers the screen??? I love the case and don't think my fingers will scratch the screen anytime soon.....

Enjoy the M8's beautiful screen naked..

Sent From My HTC One (M8) Using XDA Premium 4 Mobile App
Because grit/dirt/dust can get between the screen and the flap still.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Terra1
Old
#26  
Terra1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 117
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
Because grit/dirt/dust can get between the screen and the flap still.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
You must not be like me, I wipe/clean my M8 all the time and don't have a pocket full of dirt and grit!

Sent From My HTC One (M8) Using XDA Premium 4 Mobile App
HTC ONE M8 On Virgin/Optus..........
 
BretskiSmith
Old
#27  
BretskiSmith's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
How about trying to text with two hands with this case, almost impossible.
Using Tapatalk
 
Pantaloonie
Old
#28  
Pantaloonie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 777
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1 View Post
So why is everybody using a screen protector when they have a case that covers the screen??? I love the case and don't think my fingers will scratch the screen anytime soon.....

Enjoy the M8's beautiful screen naked..

Sent From My HTC One (M8) Using XDA Premium 4 Mobile App


Because the magnet embedded in the front of the dot view case has been reported to permanently mark the screen - I could see this happening to mine before I fitted the screen protector.
 
Terra1
Old
#29  
Terra1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 117
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantaloonie View Post
Because the magnet embedded in the front of the dot view case has been reported to permanently mark the screen - I could see this happening to mine before I fitted the screen protector.
Not sure we're that has been reported, but I can tell you from experience, get a good micro fiber clothing and it comes right off......

Not one magnetic mark on my naked screen......
HTC ONE M8 On Virgin/Optus..........

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more