TWRP 2.7.1.0 Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 [SM-T530]

Search This thread

tgalal

Jul 27, 2014
github.com
Quote from General TWRP description by Dees_Troy:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Screenshot:

nFmv.png

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 2.7.1.0 Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 [SM-T530], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Contributors
tgalal, Dees_Troy, bigbiff
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: t

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.7.1.0
Current Beta Version: 2.7.1.0

Created 2014-07-28
Last Updated 2014-07-28

tgalal

Jul 27, 2014
github.com
Reserved

Attached is TWRP 2.7.1.0 for Tab 4 10.1 (SM-T530)
Configuration for building: https://github.com/tgalal/android_device_samsung_matissewifi
Compiled kernel sources for SM-T530 from http://opensource.samsung.com/

This is still in testing, try at your own risk.

WARNING: THIS WILL TRIGGER KNOX COUNTER AND VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Install instructions:

Flash using Odin or Heimdall. For Heimdall extract the tarball first

heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img

Feel free to submit changes/ report any bugs/enhancements

Attachments

• recovery.tar
    9.6 MB · Views: 38,333
Last edited:

chris peas

Feb 23, 2011
@tgal hopeing to see 8.0 variant as well. Lots of potential here if we have a recovery

Sent from my SM-T330NU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: w0nder

hasek82

Aug 23, 2010
Norrbotten
Not working on tab 4 10.1 wifi i cant find my sdcard and external sdcard :(

Skickat från min SM-T530 via Tapatalk

Dozenboy0012

Jun 27, 2010
Tucson
Hello Thank you for making Team Win Recovery only one I use, I flashed with Odin my Wi-Fi works but my external sdcard is not being detected I knew there was a risk I'm just letting you know the bug I experienced looking forward to development

Joe4899

Oct 20, 2012
Maybe is the SDCard because of

Code:
BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true

in BoardConfig.mk? I'm still fighting with repo setup, would otherwise try it on my own and report :D

jokowi

Jun 24, 2014
Maybe is the SDCard because of

Code:
BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true

in BoardConfig.mk? I'm still fighting with repo setup, would otherwise try it on my own and report :D

No. it is not on your BoardConfig.mk
it is on your twrp.fstab

Code:
/external_sd	vfat 	/dev/block/mmcblk1p1   flags=display="External MicroSd Card";storage;wipeingui;removable

yes the repo and the setup heheh, keep the spirit and good luck :D

vlamnire

Jun 26, 2013
So does anyone know if the sdcard mounting is still an issue? I'd imagine once this recovery is made the 8" shouldn't be that difficult after.

D

Deleted member 5437200

any qualcomm chipset shared between the various galaxy devices are all similar im sure. hopefully it shant be long before i can do something with my SM-T530 wifi version in the near future

nl3142

Jun 11, 2011
any qualcomm chipset shared between the various galaxy devices are all similar im sure. hopefully it shant be long before i can do something with my SM-T530 wifi version in the near future

The 7.0 isn't qualcomm though, it is marvell. So a 7.0 recovery won't help with 8.0/10.0 stuff at all.

repey6

The 7.0 isn't qualcomm though, it is marvell. So a 7.0 recovery won't help with 8.0/10.0 stuff at all.

but where does here Tab 7.0, which is the theme for recovery Tab 10.1 .

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

It is a pity that we do not have who know how to and want to do it recovery . Tab S has long had its recovery , and us when?
Sorry my bad English .

rsktkr1

Nov 10, 2009
DENVER
@tgal hopeing to see 8.0 variant as well. Lots of potential here if we have a recovery

Sent from my SM-T330NU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Same here need recovery for Tab 8"

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

but where does here Tab 7.0, which is the theme for recovery Tab 10.1 .

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

It is a pity that we do not have who know how to and want to do it recovery . Tab S has long had its recovery , and us when?
Sorry my bad English .
Wonder what the differences between the 8.0 and 10.1 recovery would be ? I have the 8.0.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quote from General TWRP description by Dees_Troy:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Screenshot:

nFmv.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 2.7.1.0 Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 [SM-T530], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Contributors
    tgalal, Dees_Troy, bigbiff
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: t

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.7.1.0
    Current Beta Version: 2.7.1.0

Created 2014-07-28
    Last Updated 2014-07-28
    Reserved

Attached is TWRP 2.7.1.0 for Tab 4 10.1 (SM-T530)
    Configuration for building: https://github.com/tgalal/android_device_samsung_matissewifi
    Compiled kernel sources for SM-T530 from http://opensource.samsung.com/

This is still in testing, try at your own risk.

WARNING: THIS WILL TRIGGER KNOX COUNTER AND VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Install instructions:

Flash using Odin or Heimdall. For Heimdall extract the tarball first

heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img

Feel free to submit changes/ report any bugs/enhancements
    Just ran this procedure on my Samsung SM-T530NU and it worked just fine. Here is a step by step of the procedure I followed:

** Downloaded XAR-T530NUUEU1BOE5-20150526103329.zip from Android File Host and flashed it with Odin;

** Downloaded the TWRP recovery version 2.8.10 attached further back in this thread (TWRP recovery version 2.8.10 and flashed it with Odin;

** Downloaded the latest SU update package and flashed it with TWRP.

Wa-la! Immediately booted up into my tablet with Lollipop 5.0.2, rooted, with the TWRP custom recovery! Works like a charm, too!

Fellow SM-T530NU owner here. Glad this worked so well for you, but you're using an out of date version of TWRP. The most updated version can be downloaded from here, you're going to want that before trying any roms. Also if anyone else needs any root help, I wrote out an updated, step by step guide here

Edit: This is the thread for the updated version of TWRP, which has ongoing support and development, I would recommend you subscribe to that one instead of this thread, which is deprecated. Just note the main download link is temporarily broken, which is why I gave you the alternative one above.
    Hi folks ,
    Please , all recoverys flash via Odin .
    here is version 2701 and 2.8.0.0 with external sd support. deactivate screen timeout on 2800 http://d-h.st/users/sub77