Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 51,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does 9505 Roms work on S4 Value Edition? (9515)

Tip us?

Wuby986
Old
Thanks Meter 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhole16 View Post
Thanks @Wuby986. Root finished successfully. After rooting I flashed CWM again (the one mentioned above) and now i have a rooted phone with CWM
For whatever reason also cf-root-recovery didn't recognize my sdcard. But I don't need it yet. It's enough that I can access it with android

How far have you gotten with the kernel for the 9515? Do you think you can get a CM working on this device?

Kind Regards,
BH16
No.. i never worked with CM.. and the kernel i compiled is a tw one, i don' t think i will never compile one for cm simce there are not the source for it..
Reading is the best way to learn.... Switch off the tv

Blackhole16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Didn't use anything else than CM yet, so this question may seem dumb, but which custom roms are going to run on your kernel when it's finished?

Wuby986
Old
Thanks Meter 1,472
Quote:
Didn't use anything else than CM yet, so this question may seem dumb, but which custom roms are going to run on your kernel when it's finished?
any TW based rom.. hopefully all the ones for 9505

Blackhole16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What I don't really understand is why the touch is working with the stock rom but not with CM11. I mean it's the same kernel, i didn't flash anything new, just installed the CM11 zip using CWM. I might be totally wrong, but for me it just seems to be a driver issue. So there are new drivers for the touchscreen for the I9515, which are not used in the I9505 Roms, which seem to be the issue.
As the drivers seem to be included in the stock rom, isn't it possible to isolate the drivers and include it into the CM11? Don't you have access to all necessary files after rooting the phone? Or isn't it that easy?

Kind Regards,
BH16

PS: I'm not that much into the topic of kernels in general and Android-Programming, so I may be totally wrong

Wuby986
Old
Thanks Meter 1,472
Quote:
What I don't really understand is why the touch is working with the stock rom but not with CM11. I mean it's the same kernel, i didn't flash anything new, just installed the CM11 zip using CWM. I might be totally wrong, but for me it just seems to be a driver issue. So there are new drivers for the touchscreen for the I9515, which are not used in the I9505 Roms, which seem to be the issue.
As the drivers seem to be included in the stock rom, isn't it possible to isolate the drivers and include it into the CM11? Don't you have access to all necessary files after rooting the phone? Or isn't it that easy?

Kind Regards,
BH16

PS: I'm not that much into the topic of kernels in general and Android-Programming, so I may be totally wrong
You have actually flashed a new kernel while flashed the rom ( is almoust always flashed with a rom) and the CM kernel is different from the TW one..