Search This thread

Cédriiic

Sep 5, 2008
Paris
Don't be sorry ! I understand it's not an easy point to solve :)
You make great rom, it's perfect for me !

An other little bug for me. I flashed the v12 RC since 2pm and the weather of my localisation doesn't update. Don't know why (don't try to check this point, it was just for your information;)).

Sorry, I use the V12... So I' won't flash with V12 RC :D

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Good to hear Opera9.7 will be in the next one. Still loving your rom after like 4 days. Probably the longest I've stayed on one rom in the past month or so lol.

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
Searching for GPS Location
Android Error

Ok i decided to boot the android OS just to see what it looks like, but at the startup screen when i select the android os it shoots an error message

"An error occured on sub_main_boot_android win 32 exception continue yes or no?"

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
Ok i decided to boot the android OS just to see what it looks like, but at the startup screen when i select the android os it shoots an error message

"An error occured on sub_main_boot_android win 32 exception continue yes or no?"

i didnt have any problems with Android OS...... i used the new zip file in post #2 and unzipped it to a clean SD card(dont know if that made a difference) booted up my phone and touched the android and it only took a few min to get it running. was faster than i thought it would take. maybe you have something on your SD card that prevents it from booting.

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
i didnt have any problems with Android OS...... i used the new zip file in post #2 and unzipped it to a clean SD card(dont know if that made a difference) booted up my phone and touched the android and it only took a few min to get it running. was faster than i thought it would take. maybe you have something on your SD card that prevents it from booting.

So you didnt touch anything in that OS file that you downloaded in post 2, you just unzipped everything that was in that file to your sd card? i think that's the difference i basically just dumped the file in my sd card and that was it. so you have to unzip everything in that file onto your sd card?

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
I have trialed this ROM for a few days and quite like it. Please forgive me if iv'e overlooked it earlier, but has anyone else had an issue with the screen only staying on for just a few seconds?
All backlight settings etc have been changed to longest possible. However, the problem remains.

Any clues?

I just have the same issue and this is related with smartlock, if your device is in standby and you slide the keyboard you get problems with the backlight.

Easy solution: When having this behaviour with backlight - In the taskbar press "Start" and then press the "lock" softkey in the bottom. Finally unlock and the backlight issue is gone.

Recommendation: Avoid sliding the Keyboard without unlocking the device first.

Take care

Toleraen

Mar 9, 2007
Minneapolis
V12 RC, first DeepShining ROM. Liking it a lot, very nice!

I have trialed this ROM for a few days and quite like it. Please forgive me if iv'e overlooked it earlier, but has anyone else had an issue with the screen only staying on for just a few seconds?
All backlight settings etc have been changed to longest possible. However, the problem remains.

Any clues?

I have this issue as well. The lights on the front facing keys stay lit through the screen out as well. Hard reset after initial flash. Programs installed are just the AT&T keyboard and dialer posted on the front page. Happens fairly intermittently, can go several minutes of use without the issue and then it'll pop up again for several more minutes. Didn't seem to start happening until I set up email, changed the animated weather wallpaper, and changed the theme (tried several).

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
V12 RC, first DeepShining ROM. Liking it a lot, very nice!

I have this issue as well. The lights on the front facing keys stay lit through the screen out as well. Hard reset after initial flash. Programs installed are just the AT&T keyboard and dialer posted on the front page. Happens fairly intermittently, can go several minutes of use without the issue and then it'll pop up again for several more minutes. Didn't seem to start happening until I set up email, changed the animated weather wallpaper, and changed the theme (tried several).

Hi mate,

thats because you activated the keypadled tweak that can be found in the tweaks&cabs folder. goto the same folder and click again in the keypadled tweak to deactivate.

this feature allows you to have the hard keys light on in dark ambient conditions.

take care

Last edited:

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
So you didnt touch anything in that OS file that you downloaded in post 2, you just unzipped everything that was in that file to your sd card? i think that's the difference i basically just dumped the file in my sd card and that was it. so you have to unzip everything in that file onto your sd card?

EXACTLY!!!! dont put the zip file on your SD card....use your unzipping program to extract the files to the card.... it will not run if everything is zipped on the card! dont put it in a folder either. unzip to the ROOT of the card....... now, there will be folders created and zip files created after the extraction, LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE!!

so basically use the program to unzip and point it at the SD card and thats it!

aznsniper

Mar 10, 2009
has anyone experienced this issue? I backed up my contacts and my sms msgs with PIM Backup. After flashing to Deepshining, and restore my sms's with PIM Backup, my sms are not in order anymore. Like the times of received and sent are jumbled up. Im using threaded messaging and this has never happened be4 to my other restores. Ive tried using a older backup file that is known to work but I still experience the same problem. Ive used SMS chat, and come to the conclusion that the built in sms inbox is slightly screwed up because SMS CHAT displays my sms in the correct order.

Thanks for your help. Loving Deepshining rom, other than this slight issue!!

PIM Backup it is not Manila frindly you better use MyPhone.

Dot,

How does this Footprints Tab works?

Thanks for the reply however this problem is only occuring on the standard windows mobile sms client, and it works perfectly on manila and SMS-chat. Which I'm finding extremely strange. So does anyone have any ideas or experienced this problem?

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
Thanks for the reply however this problem is only occuring on the standard windows mobile sms client, and it works perfectly on manila and SMS-chat. Which I'm finding extremely strange. So does anyone have any ideas or experienced this problem?

i havent been able to replicate the problem.... i use PIM too and have about 6000+ text(in and out) and mine always come back in order... maybe its the backup setting you used. maybe play with those. i check every box in the settings i.e. set as default folder.... compress backup.... keep selected backup...keep defined custom items.... etc....

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
EXACTLY!!!! dont put the zip file on your SD card....use your unzipping program to extract the files to the card.... it will not run if everything is zipped on the card! dont put it in a folder either. unzip to the ROOT of the card....... now, there will be folders created and zip files created after the extraction, LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE!!

so basically use the program to unzip and point it at the SD card and thats it!

ok well what i did was first i downloaded the app from post two onto my pc then dragged it onto my sd card..i went into my phone, used file explorer and opened the file..i clicked on "extract" to extract the files to my sd root and it started extracting but it was taking a loooong time so i just ended the process...was that the right method?

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
i havent been able to replicate the problem.... i use PIM too and have about 6000+ text(in and out) and mine always come back in order... maybe its the backup setting you used. maybe play with those. i check every box in the settings i.e. set as default folder.... compress backup.... keep selected backup...keep defined custom items.... etc....

No! dont use custom items/settings..that could be the problem

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
ok well what i did was first i downloaded the app from post two onto my pc then dragged it onto my sd card..i went into my phone, used file explorer and opened the file..i clicked on "extract" to extract the files to my sd root and it started extracting but it was taking a loooong time so i just ended the process...was that the right method?

yes because the processor in your phone is not s fast as your PC.. if your phone is faster than your pc, you're talking pentium 2 era lol.... but seriously... dont drag the downloaded file...... you can connect your phone as a hard drive or like me, i have an adapter to put my miscroSD into and slide in the computer... either works.... i personally use WinRar.... soooo what i did was double clicked the downloaded file> hit extract> pointed it to the SD card> and let it extract the files....

the way you did it may have extracted the files but still left the zip you downloaded on the card as well.....

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
No! dont use custom items/settings..that could be the problem

was just a suggestion.... i always have had all mine checked and never had that issue.... i have a separate folder on my sd named "pim backup" and i save my files in there instead of the root of the card..... if you ever look after a backup there are always several files created. maybe they are being messed up wth other things that are file in the same folder, root, or directory as the PIM backup file.

ElPresidente

Jan 30, 2008
Phoenix
Awesome rom. I liked it when the google android team emailed me to welcome me to android and tell me about all the features my new nexus one has.. Lol.

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
I dont know if anyone ever mentioned this but i just thought it was a dumb idea on htc's part in designing the tp2??

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE PUT THE SPEAKERS UNDER THE PHONE..SO WHEN IT RINGS YOU COULD BARELY HEAR IT UNLESS IT'S SITTING ON A SOLID SURFACE LIKE A TABLE..AND EVEN THEN IT'S NOT AS LOUD AS WHEN IT'S TURNED OVER

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.