Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I give this tab another go?

Tip us?

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
No need to worry. The tablet's generally great, enjoy it!
Just watch it carefully the first week, put it through it's paces. Any device can have manufacturing defects. I had to return my first one because of a faulty digitizer. But it's been great ever since.
Is there a good app that can show if you have a bad digitizer? also anything else I should look for on it? (Dead pixels, unglued panel)

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman View Post
Is there a good app that can show if you have a bad digitizer? also anything else I should look for on it? (Dead pixels, unglued panel)
Relax mate
If you don't see any obvious problems, there probably are none...
If you crave another layer of security get a Squaretrade warranty. That'll cover user caused damages like drops, running over it in your car, spilling your morning coffee all over it and more...

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Relax mate
If you don't see any obvious problems, there probably are none...
If you crave another layer of security get a Squaretrade warranty. That'll cover user caused damages like drops, running over it in your car, spilling your morning coffee all over it and more...
OK, so here is the good news. First, I have no digitizer problems on the tablet (kind of expected this late after the tablet came out). I have it in its plastic sleeve and it doesn't seem that there is a glass problem so far.

And now the better news. It has 4.2.2 on it right now. I assume that's what it was first shipped out on. But I don't know if I should update or not. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,925

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK, so here is the good news. First, I have no digitizer problems on the tablet (kind of expected this late after the tablet came out). I have it in its plastic sleeve and it doesn't seem that there is a glass problem so far.

And now the better news. It has 4.2.2 on it right now. I assume that's what it was first shipped out on. But I don't know if I should update or not. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Well imo 4.3 was much better than 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 is slightly less better than 4.3

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Well imo 4.3 was much better than 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 is slightly less better than 4.3
But would I be able to do the towelroot exploit on the latest 4.3 kernal?

also, which kernal/bootloader number is the most current version that i can use towelroot on?

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,925

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
But would I be able to do the towelroot exploit on the latest 4.3 kernal?

also, which kernal/bootloader number is the most current version that i can use towelroot on?
Towel root was compatible with 4.3 (10.26.1.18). It is not compatible with 4.4.2. (11.4.1.17)
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Towel root was compatible with 4.3 (10.26.1.18). It is not compatible with 4.4.2. (11.4.1.17)
Many thanks my friend!!