Originally Posted by gigilie
Each .rar file when unpacked (NC2 or NC5 .rar files must be unpacked!) contains the following apps / odin flashable images:
Odin 3.10 (The newest and best option for Odin.)
SuperSu 1.94 (IN both a flashable thru Safestrap .zip and a .apk - thanks to Chainfire)
SafeStrap 3.72 (Thanks to Hashcode)
SeLinux Permissive Enabler / Mode Changer 1.2 (Thanks to MrBIMC)
TowelRoot v2 (Huge Thanks to geohot)
Android Terminal Emulator v1.0.53.apk
YOU CAN KEEP THE ODIN PROGRAM AND FLASHABLE FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER BUT MOVE ALL APKS TO PHONE OR SDCARD 1ST.
which is the magic file you select in Odin under AP slot and press flash to upgrade without bootloaders. This is a modified Odin image I made that also includes a .pit for mapping itself and a modem/hlos so its essentially a 1 and done file! You might need to boot into recovery and do a data wipe if you receive any FC's or issues on 1st boot (then restart and should be good to go). This is a no-wipe odin flashable image with no bootloaders or other crap just firmware and system.img and modem.
Directions to enable Root on NC2 or NC5 stock ROM & to get SafeStrap fully working:
1. Flash the odin image in AP slot for either system you want to upgrade to. (NO BOOTLOADERS OR GARBAGE FLASHED!)
2. Boot up system. If any errors occur restart to recovery (vol-up and power) then wipe data and restart. Or wipe data before flashing!
3. Once booted open TowelRoot.apkl and install and run the app. Then click on the T logo/gray box to root 4.4.2! NO REBOOT REQUIRED!!!
4. Now open the SeLinux Permissive Enabler / Mode Changer 1.2.apk and install the app. Open the application and click the "Permissive" box.
5. Next install Safestrap and open the app. Click install Recovery once booted. Then you can flash SuperSu .zip like normal in Safestrap. You can also also install from the Playstore or from the .apk in the AIO .rar file. However SuperSu isnt necessary its useful if you intend on controlling your ROOT.
6. Finally for a custom ROM you would reboot to Safestrap and install it in the Main/Stock Slot. Keep root by following any ROM install with SuperSu.zip!!!
7. Enjoy the easiest upgrade method known to man. Be sure and donate or thank, me or one of the fine developers mentioned above.?
I'm going restore back to MK2 and make sure everything is back to way it was supposed to be.
If all is well, I'm going to try once more to push NC5 via your instructions above.
If you remember, I updated from MK2 but used method 2 "flashing a ROM". I used Surges MK2 file to restore back. It was a pretty big mess that caused a soft brick. I'm sure my device has a lot of residual crap on it.
I'd like to full complete system wipe, everything, and restore back to MK2 via Odin.
Once I confirm everything is working on MK2 again (skype /hangouts), do I just follow the instructions above to flash a completely stock NC5 (minus the bootloader of course)?
So I don't need to flash anything else besides:
In odin, and towel root, and safe strap, and etc?