XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Random reboots

Tip us?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
For you it's almost definitely an xposed module. I was talking to the guy who was completely stock unrooted.
Oh ok, sorry

trajik78
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Mines rebooting on its own as well. Just got the phone yesterday and it's happened at least 3 times. 100% stock.
HTC One (M8) stock
Berries & Cream

bigsmooth66
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trajik78 View Post
Mines rebooting on its own as well. Just got the phone yesterday and it's happened at least 3 times. 100% stock.
Hi guys,

So I was having the same problem with random reboots. I got frustrated and thought to just root and change to a GPE ROM. In the process of doing that I rooted and installed SetCPU. I discovered that the clock speed was 2265 and the minimum spped was set to 1958 by default. I felt like this was weird because that means the processor is running near full speed at all times (thus why the phone would get warm). To test I set the phone at max 2265 and min 2265. Almost immediately after reboot the phone started to get very warm. So, I changed the min to 1574 and then rebooted. It has been two weeks with:
  • no reboots
  • slightly better battery life than before
  • phone does not get warm

I have the T-Mobile HTC One M8. I wonder if the constant high speed was intentional. I had to exchange my phone twice before trying this. I even tried using the phone before installing third party apps and it would still reboot. I am rooted with s-on and stock recovery and now I don't feel the need to install another ROM.

Hope this helps for some of you!!

trajik78
Old
Thanks Meter 4
good looking out there. However I most likely won't be changing my ROM due to it working fairly nicely with my JVC KW-NSX700 car stereo. Mirrorlink seems to be functional with a quirk here or there.
HTC One (M8) stock
Berries & Cream

bigsmooth66
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Oh, I'm still running the stock sense rom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thefoodman52
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Well, this is good news. I'm going to be getting rid of my Nexus 5 for one of the... Ones... here shortly. Poor speaker and microphone quality are just two things I can't deal with anymore with the Nexus 5.

Seems like HTC tried to just have the CPU running too hot, figuratively and literally. Underclock down to like....1958 max, and it should be fine then. I know my Nexus doesn't like being run at a max of 2258 for very long, if at all. I'll get random reboots on stock vanilla android, and ParanoidAndroid.