Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M8 screen issue?

Tip us?

Tej XFire
Old
(Last edited by Tej XFire; 2nd September 2014 at 04:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
This is the best I could get, it was a quick shot doesn't do complete justice to the problem but you can faintly see one mark
Thanks. Yours has only one light. Mine has like three big[0.5cm] and two tiny ones ! Weird !

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tej XFire View Post
Thanks. Yours has only one light. Mine has like three big[0.5cm] and two tiny ones ! Weird !
The picture was a black background, it was just a paused video in MX video player which is why there was an ad at the top. The light in the surrounding room may not have helped. But I have two very small bright white lines and then one longer 2-3 cm lines which are fairly faded. Those lights aren't really a problem, but when I apply pressure near the right side of the screen it gives an effect similar to pressing on a TV monitor
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

Tej XFire
Old
(Last edited by Tej XFire; 2nd September 2014 at 11:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
The picture was a black background, it was just a paused video in MX video player which is why there was an ad at the top. The light in the surrounding room may not have helped. But I have two very small bright white lines and then one longer 2-3 cm lines which are fairly faded. Those lights aren't really a problem, but when I apply pressure near the right side of the screen it gives an effect similar to pressing on a TV monitor
Here's mine. Its sunny outside. I couldn't get the perfect shots. Three big ones are clearly visible.

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tej XFire View Post
Here's mine. Its sunny outside. I couldn't get the perfect shots. Three big ones are clearly visible.
That's exactly it except only two are clearly visible on mine.
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

Tej XFire
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
That's exactly it except only two are clearly visible on mine.
Well, it must be poorly manufactured. New devices these days don't live well. No point of buying them. They are pretty much useless. Difficult to manufacture and difficult to open. I think Samsung devices have an edge of repair. Its easy to open them and get the damaged/faulty parts repaired/replaced. They have gone crazy with the S5. That stupid S5 is difficult to repair. Poor smartphones. They are sinking in terms of quality ! Bye !