Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera Fault, Haze + Creaking

Tip us?

furrypotato
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Interesting to see your photos, I have the same problem with mine.
I'll have to see if I can get it replaced I guess.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Somebody pointed out in another thread, this haze can be caused by a case, especially if you are using flash.

In my case, I have a clear gel case which could easily cause light to reflect into the lens area.
Will test properly tomorrow.
Z2 Vanir

daven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypotato View Post
Interesting to see your photos, I have the same problem with mine.
I'll have to see if I can get it replaced I guess.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Somebody pointed out in another thread, this haze can be caused by a case, especially if you are using flash.

In my case, I have a clear gel case which could easily cause light to reflect into the lens area.
That's interesting, kinda like the flash bleed issues on z1 compacts I read about I guess.

Although in this case I wasn't using the flash on either of the Z2's and they were both naked, even took the screen protector off the back of the phones to make sure it wasn't being caused by those (I had cut a square out of them for the flash/lens already though) and there was no change - one Z2 looked fine, the other not so much.

Thing is if my sister hadn't picked up a Z2 of her own I'd never have known, I just thought this was normal behaviour - at least the thread has made others aware of a possible problem (if mine wasn't just a one off)
Phone History:
Nokia 5210, Sagem Myx5+6+7, Nokia 5500, Samsung e900, Motorola a835, Motorola a925, Motorola a1000, Xda Exec, Lg Shine, Nokia 6500 slide, Nokia e65, Xperia X1, Touch Pro 2, Iphone 4, Sony Xperia X10 mini, Sensation XE, One X, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2

Tablet History:
Nexus 7, LG G pad 8.3

zkyevolved
Old
Thanks Meter 279
I got my replacement Z2, and it creaks A LOT. It's W19, it's going back to the store tomorrow. My first one has bad speaker quality (W28). If I get a third, I'm returning and I'm going to another phone. I shouldn't have to go through 3 Z2s to get a decent one, but if my third one has something wrong, I'm done. Sony has a GORGEOUS phone and an awesome build, but I can't stand this anymore. Last one tomorrow, and we'll see.
The Following User Says Thank You to zkyevolved For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pepeo123
Old
Thanks Meter 19
looks like one of them has HDR enabled. check that. is there any condensation on the lens?

RanMN
Old
(Last edited by RanMN; 2nd September 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daven View Post
Also does anyone else's device creak when you push a little on the back just above the sony logo?

I've had the creaking from day one and hasn't affected the waterproofing or anything so I was just going to live with it, but now I've noticed the camera thing I'm going to try and get an exchange.
Hey,i have the exact same creaking issue!I thought i was the only one.I took it to the Service Center and the guy at the counter acknowledged the issue and said ill get a replacement and removed my sim card and memory card etc and only then i realized they cant provide a standby phone so i said ill come back later and submit the phone for replacement.

Later the SONY Store where i bought the phone from provided me a standby phone and they itself submitted my Z2 to the service center but few days later they returned the phone saying there isn't any issue :X i took it up with their customer care and they asked me to go to the service center again but i haven't got the time yet.
My batch number is 14W18,what is yours?
I checked some test pieces at the SONY Store and they had a similar issue but i checked again at another store and they seemed fine -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypotato View Post

[/COLOR]Somebody pointed out in another thread, this haze can be caused by a case, especially if you are using flash.

I have the same flash bleed issue on all the cases including the OEM ones provided by SONY.

effective
Old
Thanks Meter 71
ew..i have the creaking issue too.. its creaking when i put my finger below the flash..but nvm..1 more thing from me is that you guys better check if the glue that holds the circle sensor glass is melted.Because when i played Doungeon hunter 4 4/5 times the phone got extremely hot..and im seeing that the glue that holds the camera glass is abit not in plase spilling in the lense direction. and can couse a problens with the shots..
Xperia Z2 - RooTeD : Bootloader - Locked : Stock 4.4.2 for now (:
Xperia ZR - Bootloader - Unlocked - BE-2 Saved - CyanogenMod 11 - 4.4.4 - RooTeD - cWm
Xperia X8 - Bootloader - Unlocked : 10w47 - Kernel : Alfs 10 - RoM : GDX v 31b - Max : 748MhZ