Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 52,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bug voice recognition + CM11

Tip us?

philippe734
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Default [Q] Bug voice recognition + CM11

Hello,

I identified a bug in the Google voice recognition. Since I do not know if it's because of the Google app or my rom, so I come here to ask you to compare with your system. It would be nice to try the same operation as me to tell me if you have the bug or not. Thank you to specify your device and rom.

Watch the bug in video:
Download the video (HD - MKV - 1m30s - 16 MB)

Context of the bug:
Occurs very often after using the voice recognition in the Google search bar and only without scrolling the search results. My device is a Galaxy s2, rom CM11 build M7, the Google search app is up to date (version 3.4.16.1149292arm).

Effects of the bug:
It disables the automatic rotation of the screen and the light sensor prevents the automatic variation of the brightness of the screen.

Notes:
Once the bug occurred, no way to reactivate functions disabled must then restart Android. Herewith, I made a video to show the bug. First, I show that the light sensor works, it varies when I cover with my hand. Then I show that the rotation of the screen works. Then I start a voice search in French with the word "pommes", and I come back home to show the bug. I show that the rotation does not work, or the light sensor no longer changes when I hide it with my hand.

Need help:
It would be nice to try the same operation as me to tell me if you have the bug or not. Thank you to specify your device and rom.
If a comment helped you, press the thanks button
Samsung Galaxy SII rom CM11 (only M build) + Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10" rom CM11
Author of VPN Lifeguard for Windows.

CRXed
Old
Thanks Meter 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippe734 View Post
Hello,

I identified a bug in the Google voice recognition. Since I do not know if it's because of the Google app or my rom, so I come here to ask you to compare with your system. It would be nice to try the same operation as me to tell me if you have the bug or not. Thank you to specify your device and rom.

Watch the bug in video:
Download the video (HD - MKV - 1m30s - 16 MB)

Context of the bug:
Occurs very often after using the voice recognition in the Google search bar and only without scrolling the search results. My device is a Galaxy s2, rom CM11 build M7, the Google search app is up to date (version 3.4.16.1149292arm).

Effects of the bug:
It disables the automatic rotation of the screen and the light sensor prevents the automatic variation of the brightness of the screen.

Notes:
Once the bug occurred, no way to reactivate functions disabled must then restart Android. Herewith, I made a video to show the bug. First, I show that the light sensor works, it varies when I cover with my hand. Then I show that the rotation of the screen works. Then I start a voice search in French with the word "pommes", and I come back home to show the bug. I show that the rotation does not work, or the light sensor no longer changes when I hide it with my hand.

Need help:
It would be nice to try the same operation as me to tell me if you have the bug or not. Thank you to specify your device and rom.
I tested this and you are right!!

I am using S2 with CM11/latest nightly and the same thing happens, but ONLY when using the Google Search Bar in the launcher.

When I use the Search Bar in Google Now, everything keeps working, but when I use the search bar in the Trebuchet Launcher, rotation and brightness stop working.

What launcher are you using?
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
CyanogenMod 11.0
Android 4.4.4

philippe734
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Iím sure that the launcher didnít care about this issue because the bug arrives after using the Google app ďgoogle searchĒ using voice recognition. For replay, my launcher is apex. Iím happy you has tested, thanks.

I tested this issue with a galaxy s1 run CM11 build M7, with same Google search app version and no problem. I suppose this bug is only for Galaxy s2.

I donít know how to communicate an issue to CM11 team. It would be nice if some one can do it.

CRXed
Old
Thanks Meter 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippe734 View Post
I’m sure that the launcher didn’t care about this issue because the bug arrives after using the Google app “google search” using voice recognition. For replay, my launcher is apex. I’m happy you has tested, thanks.

I tested this issue with a galaxy s1 run CM11 build M7, with same Google search app version and no problem. I suppose this bug is only for Galaxy s2.

I don’t know how to communicate an issue to CM11 team. It would be nice if some one can do it.
I posted it here, but no response
https://plus.google.com/115151592551...ts/QMsvJpE21H4

But fot me it only happens when using the Search bar from the launcher, not when I use the Google app to search or Google Now. That's the weird thing...
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
CyanogenMod 11.0
Android 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to CRXed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philippe734
Old
(Last edited by philippe734; 2nd September 2014 at 08:34 AM.) Reason: u
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXed View Post
Thanks.

philippe734