• BluePimp (Port of Z1 Pimped Kernel)
30th June 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #22  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalleEatingBrain

Ah nice, when I last checked CM-11.0 was not working with the 4.4.2r2 branch. I think I know how to fix the problem with the *.apk. Basically you have to remove all java dependencies from all the makefiles. I will look it up, so I can tell you what to grep for. Do you have a git repo we can work on, or should I add you to mine (which is just a fork of the CM-repos)? I will take a look at the sound in the next days. Thanks for you list!
Keep it up,
Kalle

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Free mobile app

It would seem that the UT wiki does somewhat describe this process. This article discusses building UT from fresh AOSP sources (making your own changes). Perhaps that is what needs to happen here.
3rd July 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #23  
OP Member
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 74

47 posts
More
Thumbs up Better documentation incoming
Hi,
I attended the ubuntu-on-air session on tuesday and was told that some devs might take a look at the porting guide in the Ubuntu Touch Wiki which is - what the guys from cannonical admitted - hopelessly outdated. I was told, the developement went on so fast, there was no time to document it for the community. They are getting money for OEM/RTM installation of Ubuntu Touch, so they are focusing on that, even though the community ports are an essential part of the project. I will update this post, as I come to know when the update of the porting guide will happen.
Best regards,
Kalle

If someone is reading this but does not know how to contribute: Why not donate some money to donations@ubuntu.com via PayPal and claim that you want a better porting guide? Might speed up the whole affair.
9th July 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #24  
Flag New York

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalleEatingBrain

Hi,
I attended the ubuntu-on-air session on tuesday and was told that some devs might take a look at the porting guide in the Ubuntu Touch Wiki which is - what the guys from cannonical admitted - hopelessly outdated. I was told, the developement went on so fast, there was no time to document it for the community. They are getting money for OEM/RTM installation of Ubuntu Touch, so they are focusing on that, even though the community ports are an essential part of the project. I will update this post, as I come to know when the update of the porting guide will happen.
Best regards,
Kalle

If someone is reading this but does not know how to contribute: Why not donate some money to donations@ubuntu.com via PayPal and claim that you want a better porting guide? Might speed up the whole affair.

That's good to know! In the mean time, I'll start looking at the builds for odin to see if I can determine enough from that to get a working build for togari.
23rd August 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #25  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 11

251 posts
More
How is this coming along?
2nd September 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #26  
Flag New York

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Ok lets get this going:

Welcome to The Ultra Collective

Development for the ZU including:

• ROMs:
    • Carbon
    • Ubuntu Touch
    • AOSP
  • Kernels:
    • CM11 dt2w
    • BluePimp (Port of Z1 Pimped Kernel)

Any new developments on this front? I recently moved so I haven't been getting after it lately, but I'm still curious to see this continue....

Part of me is thinking that since the kernel sources are on github it might be easier to start with the kernel and build UT from there instead of working from the CM parts....

Thoughts?
2nd September 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #27  
OP Member
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 74

47 posts
More
postponed
Hi,
Following the mailing list the RTM is more of a priority than the porting to new devices, so I'm waiting for this to pass. Anyways, I looked at the possibility to use a "handbuild" kernel and than adding system and stuff from another device. i assume there are already plenty of How-Tos and guides about decompiling the kernel and editing the ramdisk and also compiling the android kernel and adding desirable features, but if you want me to I could do a write-up in @blueether s dev thread.
Regards,
Kalle

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread