5,814,981 Members 39,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][GT-S5300] Galaxy Pocket KERNEL and CWM | MoltenMotherBoard (20140209)

Tip us?
 
cleverior.ipul
Old
#41  
cleverior.ipul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 320
Posts: 389
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bogor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghvdberg View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a truly bug free CM7.2

Tried out several cm based roms;
  • some of them GPS don't work
  • some of them lose mobile data when switching from wifi to 3g
  • some of them networkbased location don't work

I'm not a developer but if I can in some way help, (testing for instance), I'm more then willing to help.

hey dude.. please don't force a dev to do what you want even though almost everyone felt that bug. -_-
 
rghvdberg
Old
#42  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 68
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Naaldwijk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackief View Post
Maybe.
Obviously my prio is a bugfree CM7, maybe then CM9, who knows!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghvdberg View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a truly bug free CM7.2

Tried out several cm based roms;
  • some of them GPS don't work
  • some of them lose mobile data when switching from wifi to 3g
  • some of them networkbased location don't work

I'm not a developer but if I can in some way help, (testing for instance), I'm more then willing to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverior.ipul View Post
hey dude.. please don't force a dev to do what you want even though almost everyone felt that bug. -_-
Sorry, didn't want to sound mean or ungrateful.
The cm based roms I've tried where actually for the most part more stable and better then stock rom (at least IMHO)

But frankly; I think we should fix and squash the bugs first before making more roms.
And if you do decide to post a rom with bugs, mention all the bugs and don't suppose that the user knows about them. The bugs mentioned above weren't mentioned in the OP of the roms tried and I was told later "that's a cm bug" and "most users know about it". I found this a bit frustrating, hence my desperate plea for a bug free cm7.
The Following User Says Thank You to rghvdberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jephimax
Old
#43  
jephimax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 312
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere in your mind...
Hello mate, I'm using your kernel last night and I noticed that I can't turn on bluetooth, just says turning on, vibrates three times, then the phone reboots. Though it reboots just fine, but it vibrates again and reboots in a loop.

I am using Elasys ROM v4.0.4 and never had the bluetooth issue with the stock kernel.

Current phone: Nokia 3310 Mega Ultra XYZ One Edition
OS: iWindroidBerry V100.0.1
Kernel: Microwaved
 
streambinder
Old
#44  
streambinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rome

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephimax View Post
Hello mate, I'm using your kernel last night and I noticed that I can't turn on bluetooth, just says turning on, vibrates three times, then the phone reboots. Though it reboots just fine, but it vibrates again and reboots in a loop.

I am using Elasys ROM v4.0.4 and never had the bluetooth issue with the stock kernel.
I'm the new project mantainer, still from MMB team.
Can you please, post a logcat? Or, better, a dmesg?
 
jephimax
Old
#45  
jephimax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 312
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere in your mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by streambinder View Post
I'm the new project mantainer, still from MMB team.
Can you please, post a logcat? Or, better, a dmesg?
Sorry about that mate, I guess the actual ROM is buggy. Though I will try it with other ROMs, thanks.

Current phone: Nokia 3310 Mega Ultra XYZ One Edition
OS: iWindroidBerry V100.0.1
Kernel: Microwaved
 
streambinder
Old
#46  
streambinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rome

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi, guys.

Just want to let you know I'm making a massive kernel renovation.
Hope to make a new release soon, including lot of new cleanups, optimizations and miscellaneous bugfixes.

Greetings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to streambinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mahdy666
Old
#47  
mahdy666's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mad World
Thank You @streambinder for keeping galaxy pocket development alive.. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5300 using XDA Free mobile app
 
streambinder
Old
#48  
streambinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rome

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdy666 View Post
Thank You @streambinder for keeping galaxy pocket development alive.. [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-S5300 using XDA Free mobile app
@mahdy666, now trying with compiling sources of CyanogenMod 9, rebasing bcm21553-common bugfree sources!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to streambinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mahdy666
Old
#49  
mahdy666's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mad World
Woaa, thats good news.. Keep spirite sir!

Sent from my GT-S5300 using XDA Free mobile app
 
streambinder
Old
#50  
streambinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rome

 
DONATE TO ME
For everyone interested to the development progress, keep this thread as reference point:
[DEVS ONLY][BCM21553] Samsung Galaxy Pocket GT-S5300 (Cori) Development Discussion .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to streambinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
clockworkmod, cwm, pocket, recovery, s5300
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes