Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] MP4 Video Repair

Tip us?

spiderpc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am trying to recover a MP4 video file shot with my phone (LG E975). Android OS crashed during video recording and after device restart the video file was unplayable.

I tried to recover it using VideoRepair but when selecting video it says that no video data was found in the selected file. The MP4 file is about 3.4GB.

After some research I managed to recover it using a PC software but recovered file had no sound. I was hoping that I could use VideoRepair to recover both video and sound.

iwobanas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpc View Post
I am trying to recover a MP4 video file shot with my phone (LG E975). Android OS crashed during video recording and after device restart the video file was unplayable.

I tried to recover it using VideoRepair but when selecting video it says that no video data was found in the selected file. The MP4 file is about 3.4GB.

After some research I managed to recover it using a PC software but recovered file had no sound. I was hoping that I could use VideoRepair to recover both video and sound.
This issue may be caused by memory issue... I haven't tested the app on such a huge files. Please try recovering the file with the latest version of MP4 Video Repair (0.2.6) and if you get the same error select "Report a problem" from menu and send me the bug report. This will help me to diagnose the problem and fix it in a future updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lento10
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwobanas View Post
The file was not playable when you recorded it and after processing by MP4 Video Repair it's playable but there is a sync issue right?
Is the difference constant through the video or is sync better at the beginning and then getting worse over time?
If the difference is constant the only way to sync it is to use some external (PC) app and synchronize it manually.
Otherwise, if the difference is increasing over time, you may try running the broken file through the latest version of MP4 Video Repair or trying to select different reference file.
The File was playable the first time I recorded, three years ago. I tried playing the video a couple of months ago and it had a sync issue. I was looking for a way to repair it and I found your app. I tried using your app, but it gives me an error, "Unsupported Codec. The video ends on .m4v
The video sync better in the beginning and then it gets worse over time.
"Whether or not a thread directly applies to me, if I am in it and want to comment, I do. 'nuf said." a quote I found on XDA.

iwobanas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lento10 View Post
The File was playable the first time I recorded, three years ago. I tried playing the video a couple of months ago and it had a sync issue.
I'm afraid you'll have to use some video editing app to fix the sync. MP4 Video Repair is designed to repair video which are not playable at all. This app is not able to fix issues like bad sync or video quality problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
fix, mp4, repair, video