[ROM][OFFICIAL] CandyKat 1.5.5 [JFLTESPR][7/10/14]

Search This thread

skrapmetal

Mar 1, 2014
Dallas
After installing I got the 'set warranty bit kernel' error and it shuts down right after the splash screen. A little help...?

SupraFast

Nov 10, 2009
New York
d2infinity.com
NEW BUILD!!!

I need some testers for this new build - report all issues and functionality problems....

DO NOT DIRTY FLASH! - clean install required

http://goo.im/devs/BMP7777/CandyKat/S4//CandyKat-v1.5.1-Official-release--20140616.zip

I think the rom you provided in your link is bad. Its only 7.60kb download. No wonder everyone is having issues running it. Can you provide a good download with a md5 hash so we can compare.

I'm really eager to try this 4.4.3 version!

Ktoonsez Kernel v06/19/2014
PhilZ Recovery v6.12.8

ParkerParker

Aug 10, 2013
ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
I think the rom you provided in your link is bad. Its only 7.60kb download. No wonder everyone is having issues running it. Can you provide a good download with a md5 hash so we can compare.

I'm really eager to try this 4.4.3 version!

Ktoonsez Kernel v06/19/2014
PhilZ Recovery v6.12.8

I just DL and it was 167.99 MB ,I have not flashed yet

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

skrapmetal

Mar 1, 2014
Dallas
I've downloaded this ROM again thinking I just got a bad download the first time, wiped everything and still got a 'set warranty bit kernel' error, it stays on this screen for a few seconds then shuts down. How do I fix this? I really would love to try out this ROM.

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Coming from a long relationship with CM, I must say I LOVE this ROM! I think I have a new daily driver.

I wish I knew about CandyKat a long time ago... This is like a hidden gem. Really.

Download. Wipe. Flash. You will not be disappointed.

thojmoto

Dec 10, 2010
i installed this on my wife's phone but couldn't install the gapps. it said the rom was incompatable. it ran fine but no gapps so i had to restore it back.

RocSteadyNy

Dec 29, 2007
Okay first I must say I love this Rom! Smooth and its neat, very clean.

On to some issues I've noticed since flashing.

I was coming from a custom rom. Which one I can't recall at the mmHg. I'm really only having two issues. intermittent screen glitches (just Black's outs and comes right back) and I lost root.

Those are the only two things I've noticed so far. I'm going to re-root my phone this evening. The black out/screen glitches haven't necessarily shown attend so I'm uncertain what might be the cause I will try to keep an eye out.

All in all very pleased with this rom! :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
So my only complaint with this ROM is that every time I reboot the phone, the on screen navigation bar comes up. I can go to interface settings, enable and disable the bar, and it goes away. Mildly annoying though each time you power cycle the device. Is there a system apk I can uninstall or freeze to keep this from happening? I don't need the navigation bar. At all. Ever. How do I delete it or at least keep it from loading?

Jun 12, 2014
Dayton
Kinda quiet around here... I installed Negalite only to find out it's been abandoned... Hope it hasn't happened to me again!

Sprint Galaxy S3 running WickedX
Sprint Galaxy S4 running Negalite

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Hya gang..

Downloaded this ROM for my friend so she could the S4 without the TouchWiz AND sprinkle lots of purple based themes and tweaks on her OS and she loves it so far. Only one small problem. She just bought a Chevy Cruze and when she tries to pair her phone into the system by bluetooth she gets a FC saying "unfortunately bluetooth share has stopped". I have tried to load in a few apps such as SoundAbout, Bluetooth Repair, and even BLE repair apps to no avail. Also I heard that if you dont allow access to the text/messaging then it wont FC but it still does.

I tested her radio with my Note 3 running KittKatKiller ROM and SoundAbout connect app. No problems.

Any thoughts? I dont have her phone in hand, I will take a closer look when I have a few days off but thought I would toss that problem out there.

I have not yet loaded the original stock Touchwiz, do a Titanium Backup and then reload the CandyKat and 'reinstall' bluetooth share via TB. I plan to try that when I have a little more time.

Thanks for a GREAT Rom and all your work!

Dave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

bmpbanner_zpsf1ab936d.png

This is CandyKat. Built straight from SlimRom source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

This project made possible by:

matthew0776
    mar5hal
    gimmeitorilltell
    BMP7777
    CyberScopes
    tattooboy

97b32b78-3c60-4931-9fb9-381b1e591e01_zpsbf58f725.png

Galaxy-S4-black-and-white1_zps3fb7f153.jpg

RpWPkQA.gif

Custom lockscreen screenshots show WHAT IS POSSIBLE: THIS ROM DOES NOT COME LIKE THIS "OUT OF THE BOX" See CandyKat Sweetener Packs for customizations

FEATURES:

Dark UI (Mms, Dialer, InCallUI, Non-Intrusive, Documents, Calendar, Contacts, DeskClock, SystemUI)
    Candy sweetener
    Custom candy images
    Battery led customization
    Customizable quick settings tiles
    Custom battery icons
    LockScreen targets/widgets
    Center/color clock
    Google id dialer
    Non-Intrusive dialer option
    ScreenRecorder w/ mic support
    DPI on the fly
    Slim recents
    Slim PIE
    Nav bar customization
    LockScreen themes
    CandyWrappers (CandyKat wallpapers)
    PEEK
    Hardware button config.
    Custom navigation bar
    Shake events
    Custom carrier label
    Lockscreen rotation
    Slim actions
    Chamber of secrets
    Custom toast animations
    Statusbar notification count
    Notification panel blahh
    Statusbar clock font styles
    Lockscreen notifications
    Hover

---Changelog in post #2---

---Additional Screenshots in Post #3---

88b98b05-daa1-4607-b25a-f55f14961e6b_zps34714738.jpg

The Sweetener Pack is an ALL IN ONE aroma installer for your CandyKat Rom. It's meant to theme various aspects of UI and Lockscreen. This style of theming was hatched in the Candy Shop threads on XDA developers. It is the foundation of the vision and concept of the Rom. The Sweetener Packs will contain exclusive themes and mods just for CandyKat Rom. We will be updating libs and adding themes regularly!

93574c0c-1a30-474b-b6d3-d5b346e79a2d_zpsb488817a.jpg

4.4 Gapps :

DISCLAIMER: The usual blahblah don't blame me if your phone causes or experiences unspeakable mayhem, because nobody twisted your arm to DL or flash the ROM. Have a nice day

There is also a full service website in production that can be found here:

Installation Instructions:

THIS ROM IS DESIGNED FOR ALL VARIANTS OF THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4 [JFLTESPR, JFLTEATT, JFLTETMO, JFLTEVZW, AND ALL OTHER QUALCOMM 600-BASED VARIANTS] DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE A QUALCOMM 800 OR EXNYOS VARIANT

DO NOT DIRTY FLASH ANY OF THESE RELEASES ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER. ALWAYS PERFORM A FULL WIPE(FACTORY RESET - NO INTERNAL DATA)

1) Download ROM

2) Save to internal memory

3) Boot to recovery

4) Perform FULL wipe - NOT INTERNAL MEMORY

5) Flash ROM

6) Flash Gapps

7) Reboot

8) Restore

9) Enjoy!

THIS IS COMPILED COMPLETELY FROM SOURCE, AND OUR SOURCE CAN BE FOUND HERE:

https://github.com/CandyKat

SPECIAL THANKS:

CM

MANY MORE TO BE ADDED AS I UPDATE ALL WHO ARE ASSISTING WITH THIS PROJECT. PLEASE DO NOT BE HURT IF YOUR NAME ISN'T HERE YET; CHANCES ARE IT WILL BE SHORTLY......

162_zps9f642380.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyKat 4.4+, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    BMP7777, matthew0776, mar5hal, gimmeitorilltell, CyberScopes
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted, unlocked, 4.4, current recovery
    Based On: CM

Version Information

Created 2014-04-17
    Last Updated 2014-08-29
    Screenshots :

2014-03-05-MOTION.gif

1146663_203040963239621_803814514_n.jpg

1601369_203038463239871_1494785005_n.jpg

Custom lockscreen screenshots show WHAT IS POSSIBLE: THIS ROM DOES NOT COME LIKE THIS "OUT OF THE BOX" See CandyKat Sweetener Packs for customizations
    New builds coming.....

Team CandyKat has been working hard at transitioning the base for our ROM from CM to Slim, and we are building new ROMs for all supported devices. Hang in there! This thread has not been abandoned! I will post an updated build ASAP​
    CHANGELOG

*UPDATED to 4.4.3

*added app circle
    *added floating window in recents|notification drawer
    *added clock styles
    *added notification time header imgs [custom ones will be in next SP1 update]
    *added Shake sensitivity options [thanks Slim]
    * added status bar notifications
    * added Candy interface alphbetation phone additions
    * added speaker phone answer option and flash notification answer call [thanks Slim]

*fixed APN editor (force closes should be gone)
    *updated translations across the source
    *remove unnecessary switchUser call
    *update to boootanimation splash support
    *added Voice+ into Settings

CandyKat v1.5.1 [4.4.3]

NEW BUILD!!!

I need some testers for this new build - report all issues and functionality problems....

DO NOT DIRTY FLASH! - clean install required

http://goo.im/devs/BMP7777/CandyKat/S4//CandyKat-v1.5.1-Official-release--20140616.zip