How is THAT screen?

OP helikido

1st September 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #151  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92

579 posts
I would like to say to all G3 owners is that every single G3 has a visible digitizer that most people can spot but not all. If you say otherwise, you are one of those who just don't see it.
1st September 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #152  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,142

11,565 posts
More
Here we go again
1st September 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #153  
Luxembourg
Thanks Meter: 28

49 posts
I think by "most people" you mean 1% of the users who have the time and feel the need to look at their screens under direct light and at a specific angle. In that sense yes, everyone has the possibility to see it, just like on any other phone, it's just that basically noone can be bothered to do so.
2nd September 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #154  
Flag Fife
Thanks Meter: 33

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helikido

I would like to say to all G3 owners is that every single G3 has a visible digitizer that most people can spot but not all. If you say otherwise, you are one of those who just don't see it.

I put on a 3x magnifier headset and - dammit - you're right. Oh my lord, it's totally ruined!
(sarcasm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp2211

I think by "most people" you mean 1% of the users who have the time and feel the need to look at their screens under direct light and at a specific angle. In that sense yes, everyone has the possibility to see it, just like on any other phone, it's just that basically noone can be bothered to do so.

Quite.

I've been using my G3 in a variety of situations and I've yet to see the aforementioned "digitizer" - at least if I have seen it then it's not been obvious enough to cause comment.

Digitizer aside, I'm quietly impressed with the G3 screen. While I'm ambivalent about the need for the QHD resolution, it does seem to render Muzei's pictures nicely. No, what's more impressive to me than the resolution is the colour and power of the screen. It reacts quite fast to changes in lighting level and has good colours without the neon-ism that Samsung's seem to go in for.
2nd September 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 21

156 posts
More
Quote:

Actually, I never realised or noticed this until you said..and I still can't see it but perhaps that's because I have a tempered glass protector on top..it doesn't particularly bother me tbh.

You know, the S5 and most other top of the range phones have visible screen side bezels that everyone can spot too and if you say otherwise then you really are blind! If you had never seen the G3 screen then you would have never thought there was nothing wrong with this and realised how much the front design is unoptimised on other phones by their manufacturers lol
2nd September 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 53

299 posts
Quote:

People that read your other post about the G3 could come to all sorts of conclusions some may even think you are being paid to do it.

I also have a Nokia 1520 which has one of the best if not the best 1080p screens but if you look at it at a deep angle from the top down you can see a very small amount of light bleed but you can only see it from that angle which no one is going to be using so it in no way impedes the quality of the screen.
2nd September 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #157  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
I can see the digitizer if a light reflects off the screen while the screen is off. I can also see it when it's full brightness and browsing the web/white pages. It doesn't bother me, screen still looks amazing and I still love this phone; but you don't have to look hard to notice it, you just see it sometimes, but who really cares? It doesn't burn my eyes or make me want to smash the phone to pieces. For all we know, it might be a side effect that's necessary in 2K.

Everything else, contrast feels a little wish wash when compared to my old S3 at first, but I understood why, and it can be tweaked to look awesome. Brightness I have no issues in direct sunlight. If you do, then twist your hand a little, it's not a tricky solution. Only issue is how much a power hog it is, but if you bought this phone and you know a little something about technology, then you know that this is gunna happen. Set brightness to 50% on Auto and you can get a lovely day and a half or two full days of use. One whole day is no issue, unless you game for like 6 hours straight on it.

Comparing it with an M8, I much prefer the 2K, looks just delightful :} AMOLED black levels are still the bomb, but for everything else on the G3 and design, it's a thing I can live without.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread