Post Reply

Best AOSP solution (so far)

OP emjayoh

26th August 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #41  
Have all of the issues and glitches (speaker phone, etc) with the all AOSP roms been fixed? I assume the dual camera will not work.

Thanks
27th August 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #42  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
1,299 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bimr

Have all of the issues and glitches (speaker phone, etc) with the all AOSP roms been fixed? I assume the dual camera will not work.

Thanks

Speakerphone has been fixed. Bad audio quality is the only outstanding issue I believe. You can partially fix it by using a combination of audio mods.

You are correct; duo camera effects won't work on AOSP.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
2nd September 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #43  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Anybody have a link for a GPE Rom that has the sense camera? I have limited bandwidth and every one I downloaded has the Google camera.
2nd September 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #44  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecksagon

Anybody have a link for a GPE Rom that has the sense camera? I have limited bandwidth and every one I downloaded has the Google camera.

If you're looking for the ability to do the duo effects and such, any of the GPE roms should work, even if they have the Google camera app. All you need to do is open the photo and edit it with HTC photo edit.
2nd September 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,017
 
1,258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecksagon

Anybody have a link for a GPE Rom that has the sense camera? I have limited bandwidth and every one I downloaded has the Google camera.

There aren't any gpe or aosp Roms with the sense cam. Best alternative camera I have found for gpe and aosp is called snap camera. Its constantly updated and the viewer actually fills the whole screen unlike google cam and others. And yes the duo effects work with it. You just have to open the picture through google cam to access the HTC photo editor to make the edits.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by buckmarble; 2nd September 2014 at 01:19 PM.
2nd September 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #46  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Caffery

If you're looking for the ability to do the duo effects and such, any of the GPE roms should work, even if they have the Google camera app. All you need to do is open the photo and edit it with HTC photo edit.

Really I am concerned about the photo quality. All of the AOSP roms I've used so far have pretty awful image quality. I assumed it was because there are parts in the Sense framework that make a difference in that regard. So I may have mistakenly assumed that if the ROM didn't have the Sense camera, the image quality would be bad. I will have to go back and try some of the GPE ROMS I have already downloaded and actually take some pictures with them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes