Ask a question

No registration required

Porting the franco Kernel...

OP alastair53

10th February 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Hello, I'm trying to port the franco kernel, but, it (given that the hardware is the same) should at least boot to the splash (you can flash OG kernels on the N4). Anyways, the kernel messages keep erroring with "[ 18.169082] msmfb_overlay_set: ioctl failed, rc=-34"

What I can't figure out is what msmfb error is. If I understand correctly, it is the adreno framebuffer having a write error.

It's initializing and the kernel boots correctly, but, I can't figure out what the issue with the framebuffer is...(The screen just shows a bunch of lines)

Here's the full log: http://pastebin.com/Gfs5ks8B
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alastair53 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,193

1,140 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair53

Hello, I'm trying to port the franco kernel, but, it (given that the hardware is the same) should at least boot to the splash (you can flash OG kernels on the N4). Anyways, the kernel messages keep erroring with "[ 18.169082] msmfb_overlay_set: ioctl failed, rc=-34"

What I can't figure out is what msmfb error is. If I understand correctly, it is the adreno framebuffer having a write error.

It's initializing and the kernel boots correctly, but, I can't figure out what the issue with the framebuffer is...(The screen just shows a bunch of lines)

I am having the same issue (different kernel, CM11). Did you found a fix?
2nd September 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrij

I am having the same issue (different kernel, CM11). Did you found a fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair53

hope you find a solution. What features will it have? It would be nice to have a kernel like Neighborhood but updated and for cm11.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread