Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gionee Elife S5.5 - how to root or install play store

Tip us?

devil11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please create a CWM file for GIONEE S5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnt-XDA View Post
This process is a bit lengthy...

You can simply Google for the 3 tools that I mentioned....and download all 3

1) MtkDroidTools v253

2) SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01

3) UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip

==================

first you need to make sure that # "adb devices" detect your phone...
(need to install proper drivers)

--- Installing "PdaNetA4150.exe" & "GN_MTK_USBDriver(Factory)_V1.1.0_1" may help you with adb driver

then try the following link to generate CWM for gionee s5.5 using MtkDroidTools & SP Flash Tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=5

.... After generating the cwm recovery for your phone...just flash recovery
with the newly generated cwm, using "sp flash" tool"

Finally boot into cwm recovery and flash the "SuperSu 1.94 zip" from internal storage..

Best of luck... ( take backup and any wrong step can brick your phone)
Thank you so much for this guide but I am stuck on the SIXTH STEP of generating CWM.
But you seem much tech savvy!

So Please PLEASE generate a CWM file and post it!
Mine is a Indian version and I guess yours generated CWM will work just fine!

kunal10002003
Old
Thanks Meter 10
lost imei and showing baseband unknown in my Gionee elife s5.5 can anyone help me to fix it or it will be helpful if any one can upload the stock rom indian version.

buhanita
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I just rooted my Allview X2 Soul with Shuame tool Root-Genius and working perfect. It's very easy to use just download, activate usb debugging mode and press a button. So you can try it on your phones.

|GOGO|
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Gionee Elife S5.5 - Playstore crash issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerkiller View Post
Dear all

I bought the new gionee elife s5.5

Unfortunately it has no play store installed and adding the apk and running it after installation always results in a forced close.

Does anybody know how to root the phone? Will Vroot also work (it is supposed to work on the elife e7 which has the same custom rom, amigo 2.0, I think).

Really struggling because many dialogs are in Chinese although I set the language to english...

Btw. one chinese guy told me the phone can be rooted using a chinese application named 大师 - however I have no clue where to even start with this...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hay CoolKiller, if you are still struglling with the playstore issue and dont wanna root your phone just for the PlayStore bug, then you need to Hard reset your device. you can do so if you have KitKat update installed. Coz, after KitKat update, the older PlayStore APK would display errors or crash at times. its recomended for your to hard reset the device adter update.

No need to ROOT the device just to fix PlayStore crash issue. Do let me know your thoughts on this.

DiMatador
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default looking for a gionee elife s5.5 indian room

hi there, I got a big question for you, do you have an Indian ROM that it to share? by the way i'm talking about a Gionee elife S5.5. thank you in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnt-XDA View Post
This process is a bit lengthy...

You can simply Google for the 3 tools that I mentioned....and download all 3

1) MtkDroidTools v253

2) SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01

3) UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip

==================

first you need to make sure that # "adb devices" detect your phone...
(need to install proper drivers)

--- Installing "PdaNetA4150.exe" & "GN_MTK_USBDriver(Factory)_V1.1.0_1" may help you with adb driver

then try the following link to generate CWM for gionee s5.5 using MtkDroidTools & SP Flash Tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=5

.... After generating the cwm recovery for your phone...just flash recovery
with the newly generated cwm, using "sp flash" tool"

Finally boot into cwm recovery and flash the "SuperSu 1.94 zip" from internal storage..

Best of luck... ( take backup and any wrong step can brick your phone)

Deepak Bachaspati
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i have the solution to root s5.5

i have a indian gionee s5.5 and rooted with a chiness app. It is not super su, it name as kingroot. I have also kitkat update rom for it.

anirbanhere
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Bachaspati View Post
i have a indian gionee s5.5 and rooted with a chiness app. It is not super su, it name as kingroot. I have also kitkat update rom for it.
I am planning to buy this device next week. Just 2 queries for the Indian buyers out here>

Will the battery last for a day with wifi and moderate usage?
Is Google Play store installed? and if Gmail works well enough (heard that it force closes) ?

Thanks in advance

pfeilmayer
Old
(Last edited by pfeilmayer; 2nd September 2014 at 07:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hello

Do you have any idea if it works on Allview X2 Soul (basically same specs but customised android for allview company ....)
I have play store. I'm more interested in root, cwm and installing other ROM (I would prefer 4.4.2 from GIONEE) ..

Best regards
Robert Pfeilmayer