Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Discussion) G3 Uk users.

Tip us?

p70shooter
Old
(Last edited by p70shooter; 1st September 2014 at 09:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCC View Post
Well that when well, not. Done everything as stated in the youtube video and when I installed SuperSU app and tried to open it it is saying that 'there is no binary installed and supers cannot install it. This is a problem' It then goes on to tell me that if I have upgraded to android 4.3 I need to manually re root.

Now what do I do?
Good news ☺
I'm not sorry for my crap english, I'm Cornish.

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah View Post
Buy from Amazon Germany and you should be covered by European warranty. I managed to register my D855 International version which is the 32gb version with LG UK.
I was told by LG UK that if I bought a G3 from another country that the phone would have to go back to that country for warranty work if needed.

jah
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
I was told by LG UK that if I bought a G3 from another country that the phone would have to go back to that country for warranty work if needed.
Okay. I'll check tomorrow and see why they accepted my imei for UK product registration.
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)

GTCC
Old
(Last edited by GTCC; 1st September 2014 at 10:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by p70shooter View Post
You sure it's rooted and what method you use?
I just edited the post, for some reason I needed to go back into the Stumproot app and do it again by brute force. All is well now and thanks again for your help, it really is much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Good news ☺
One other thing, what is the best way forward now, is tweeksbox the best way to go? Can I get it without using my pc at home? Can I leave my phone running art, I know xposed wont work with art.

Okay so that was more than one thing, sorry.

Edit, just realized I need xposed to get tweaksbox so I'm going back to dalvak now.
The Following User Says Thank You to GTCC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadders
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Well that when well, not. Done everything as stated in the youtube video and when I installed SuperSU app and tried to open it it is saying that 'there is no binary installed and supers cannot install it. This is a problem' It then goes on to tell me that if I have upgraded to android 4.3 I need to manually re root.

Now what do I do?

Edit

Turns out I needed to go back into the Stumproot app and hit grind again and this time it needed to root by brute force and all is well now and I'm rooted.

Thanks for your help.
Did you lose any data after using Stumproot? Or does it not affect data?

p70shooter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadders View Post
Doesn't effect data.
The Following User Says Thank You to p70shooter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p70shooter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
I just edited the post, for some reason I needed to go back into the Stumproot app and do it again by brute force. All is well now and thanks again for your help, it really is much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

One other thing, what is the best way forward now, is tweeksbox the best way to go? Can I get it without using my pc at home? Can I leave my phone running art, I know xposed wont work with art.

Okay so that was more than one thing, sorry.

Edit, just realized I need xposed to get tweaksbox so I'm going back to dalvak now.
Xposed and tweaksbox is a must for me. I also would delete all the bloat apps that I don't use. I use titanium backup for that.

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadders View Post
No data loss.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Xposed and tweaksbox is a must for me. I also would delete all the bloat apps that I don't use. I use titanium backup for that.
3am I was up to this morning It took me nearly an hour to figure out that I needed to go into the phones settings to remove the battery percentage number

Is there any list of the apps that are not needed for me to guided by?
The Following User Says Thank You to GTCC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jah
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
You are right. LG UK will only cover UK models under warranty and that means not the international D855 with 32gb of memory from Germany.
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)

p70shooter
Old
(Last edited by p70shooter; Yesterday at 08:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
No data loss.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

3am I was up to this morning It took me nearly an hour to figure out that I needed to go into the phones settings to remove the battery percentage number

Is there any list of the apps that are not needed for me to guided by?
Nice early night tonight then It is worth it tho. There is a list someone on xda but I've looked for it and I can't find it. Will have another look tho.
Edit. Here's a list http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2800293