Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!

[RECOVERY LOCKED/NCG] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

Tip us?

Ragnell
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux View Post
You backed up to the external card, right? Did you move the card from the old to new phone? You can select external source for recovery.
Yes it's on my SD card, I'm able to see it when I hook it up to my PC but it seems to be in 2 different folders and I cannot move it into the folder I made the new stock backup for
Currently: LG G2 32gb Verzion

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb

ldeveraux
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
Yes it's on my SD card, I'm able to see it when I hook it up to my PC but it seems to be in 2 different folders and I cannot move it into the folder I made the new stock backup for
That's weird, so the stock backup and your good backup are not in the same folder on the external SD? I'm not even sure how that happens. Do you have a second SD you could move it to and insert that? Also, can you see it if you use the Safestrap file explorer? (not inside the recovery tool)

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
Copy your old SafeStrap backup to your pc then make a new one and delete the files but not the folders then copy your old backup files into the new folder. The SS folder names change for every different device. This is why it isn't being recognized.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ragnell
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux View Post
You backed up to the external card, right? Did you move the card from the old to new phone? You can select external source for recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
Copy your old SafeStrap backup to your pc then make a new one and delete the files but not the folders then copy your old backup files into the new folder. The SS folder names change for every different device. This is why it isn't being recognized.
Ah, Thanks, that worked!
Currently: LG G2 32gb Verzion

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb