Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMS]Mass CM Thread

Tip us?

det0xx
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189 View Post
Yea that MMS video has been broken since kitkat. Its a new thing and earlyer version wont help any. If you know of a new KK rom though that is working now that i can work with. Its something changed in the new camera app. Its my next project. I have a thought in mind needs testing. The video flash never worked and im not sure ever will. Its never worked and also doesnt work on any of the other devices that are similar to ours.(as far as i know please correct me if im wrong again with evidance so i can work with it) If im not mistaken i think it works with third party apps maybe? and then you can just tell it to attach the video. Not 100% sure about that. Again though ...next project...if you cant do without it might wana move to a different rom for a bit till i can work it out but if it isnt to hard it should be fixed soon.
i appreciate all the work you do for this rom/phone. hard or not its an effort you do and many others dont do but again thanks, like you said many things will be not fully functional but the basis will. thanks again from the community
The Following User Says Thank You to det0xx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 172
thanks @cars1189 now just waiting for the oc kernels to set it all up on wifes phone.
N. Tesla need I say more?

cars1189
Old
(Last edited by cars1189; 30th August 2014 at 07:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripFX View Post
thanks @cars1189 now just waiting for the oc kernels to set it all up on wifes phone.
@Christopher83

It appears right now the other kernels are incompatible. I made builds tonight and there was a issue with some where the touch screen would turn on but not respond to touches. We'll have to wait for them to be updated.

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 172
i might try pulling out jfbs kernel out of his latest madhi rom later today and see what breaks or ill just wait for a newer kernel base.

cars1189
Old
(Last edited by cars1189; 31st August 2014 at 11:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582
Default CM11 MMS

Hey guys. I have made a small more of a workaround for MMS/Low quality. Basicly i made it so that the low quality is the same as QVGA resolution. So in the camera app it still says QCIF but in reality its QVGA. This at least for now gets MMS working i sent two test messages and both worked one 3 seconds long and one 10. Beyond that im not sure of any downsides. It maybe possible that it will be too big in file size for MMS with more mostion/longer times. So thats why it more of a workaround. Will work on more of a permanent solution in the future. Or maybe ill just keep it if theres no downside.

Flashable Zip

Edit: If im not mistaken the current file limit is set to 307kb in the mms app but we could probably increase that if needed. If a better solution doesn't come up. And therefore could keep the current workaround. Let me know your guys opinion and what not and well see what happens. To my knowledge other newer devices use a higher file size so im assuming it would work fine.

Edit2: In testing it looks like a video of 10 sec with lots of motion comes out to be ~447kb of course this can vary so might need to up the size. For the time being if using the work around id keep it to ~5 sec which is pretty lame but hey...im working on it lol. At least in one device i see they have it set to 1.2Mb so we could literally more than double it and should still send fine over the network. Which means we could keep the better quality and make videos ~15-20 sec long. Again might test that latter depending on what you guys think and how well the workaround works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlurmsMcKenzie
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Edit2: In testing it looks like a video of 10 sec with lots of motion comes out to be ~447kb of course this can vary so might need to up the size. For the time being if using the work around id keep it to ~5 sec which is pretty lame but hey...im working on it lol. At least in one device i see they have it set to 1.2Mb so we could literally more than double it and should still send fine over the network. Which means we could keep the better quality and make videos ~15-20 sec long. Again might test that latter depending on what you guys think and how well the workaround works.
Thanks @cars1189 for the workaround. 15 to 20 seconds would be best. Would definitely like to see if you could up the size for the MMS app to make this possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlurmsMcKenzie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cars1189
Old
(Last edited by cars1189; 1st September 2014 at 10:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurmsMcKenzie View Post
Thanks @cars1189 for the workaround. 15 to 20 seconds would be best. Would definitely like to see if you could up the size for the MMS app to make this possible.
If thats what everyone wants hit the thanks on @SlurmsMcKenzie 's or my post and if it gets a high amount of likes then ill do that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 172
it fails as well using mahdi kernel too bad now i just wait patiently.

cars1189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582
Default Kernels

Hey guys i found the missing part. New Kernels are up. Note because of a update in the touchscreen driver the new kernels are not compatible with older roms. And older roms not compatible with new kernels....you get the idea.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Hey guys i found the missing part. New Kernels are up. Note because of a update in the touchscreen driver the new kernels are not compatible with older roms. And older roms not compatible with new kernels....you get the idea.
got it up and running on wifes phone with art enabled oc/uv few other personal tweaks and it's running solid torch and everything that she uses works great gj