Mourta Kernel, the continuation of IODAK's excellent work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

IcanhasLG

Feb 27, 2014
Featuring a new cpufreq interface, AbyssplugV2, intelliplug and a whole host of new additions that are not available in any other kernel for the x3.

Among them are updates only found in this kernel, saner defaults via config, better optimizations for the actual code and a rewritten version of devfreq.

It also have an updated baseband configuration and built in rather than to keep a module as it makes no sense to have a vital function as a module.

https://bitbucket.org/mourta/liquid_kernel_lge_p880-stable/

Kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/download/viy5a3dtaccd0gm/mourta-stable-08-23.zip

If there is a request for it i also have a ROM available based on grouper blobs, AD optimizations and a build around this kernel with a new dev tree.

For kernel install, it's anykernel, you can install it on any custom ROM, for stock and the lastest updates you will have to head over to Modaco and my original thread.

Note that this is a one time release, if you like it you'll have to head over to modaco to get updates.

it should be noted that the recommended settings is using intelliplug (you may need to use kernel tweaker or trickster mod for that if you're not running my ROM, and abyssplugv2, i also recommend ROW for a sheduler and Westwood for your congestion handling.

Note that you can now overclock to any frequency and it will feed the GPU chip with the needed volatage, this is great for cooking a roast beef but not for any practical use.

Quadrant scores are 8k and the last Antutu was at 16487, no overclocking but you won't reach that without using my ROM.

And with that... i'm done.

Thanks to the IODAK, Fransico, Adam77Root, Faux123 and others that provided code and/or input.

Last edited:

IcanhasLG

Feb 27, 2014
Oh, what I see here? The awesome kernel I'm testing with @ottomanhero and lucaarx and the great dev and friend @IcanhasLG coming back on xda? Let's rock hard&heavy, right now! :D

We'll see how this goes.

Thankfully i am in touch with a mod that will keep this drama free,

And for anyone wondering, peppethustra is head of my testing crew, you get stable releases because of them.

It should be noted that i'm still going to prefer the forum that greeted me over the one that shunned me from the get go, updates here will be sporadic at best but on time on the other forum.

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków
Great work, running your kernel now.

But Iodak was not updated since long ago and its sources does not contain many great fixes from cm11 kernel.

Thats why Demetris relased Cyodak kernel in Android development section. It's Iodak brought up to date with latest cm 11 kernel .

It would great to see Muorta Kernel based on Cyodak instead of old Iodak. We would have your exclusive features with up to date cm11 kernel upgrades. But maybe you already upgraded iodak's source, let us know :p

Last edited:

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
Great work, running your kernel now.

But Iodak was not updated since long ago and its sources does not contain many great fixes from cm11 kernel.

Thats why Demetris relased Cyodak kernel in Android development section. It's Iodak brought up to date with latest cm 11 kernel .

It would great to see Muorta Kernel based on Cyodak instead of old Iodak. We would have your exclusive features with up to date cm11 kernel upgrades. But maybe you already upgraded iodak's source, let us know :p
Obviously, the real necessary updated patches have been implemented yet ("continuation" means this, too), so it's not necessary nor in Mourta's plans to base it on cyodak (which really isn't the only way to find updated code for our device) ;)

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
That's what I wanted to know, as OP didn't explicitly stated it. Thanks :)
Outdated sources never are a good base for developing a fresh new kernel or ROM, if there is a new compatible code implementation ready to be merged into the code ;) That's the first thing a good developer checks (and if you can, look at Mourta's bitbucket linked in the OP to view his commits, there will be all the principal news about new code implementations) :)

Reactions: FunkyRasta

sam 4x

Jun 28, 2013
How's the deep sleep ?

Written from my Optimus 4X powered by Omni 4.4

ottomanhero

Jan 4, 2013
this version, according to trickster mod, does not use deep sleep state and still screen won't wake up sometimes. so i dropped it for now.

greetings

peter

Can you give more info about your ROM, kernel settings, setup etc. and provide a logcat if possible? That's a rare issue you're having there.I've used my phone for 20 hours now, (%3 battery left) and it slept for about 15 hours, same version.

I suggest you to try flashing the kernel twice.I had such problems with iodak kernel back in the time and flashing it twice had fixed the deep sleep issue.

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
Can you give more info about your ROM, kernel settings, setup etc. and provide a logcat if possible? That's a rare issue you're having there.I've used my phone for 20 hours now, (%3 battery left) and it slept for about 15 hours, same version.

I suggest you to try flashing the kernel twice.I had such problems with iodak kernel back in the time and flashing it twice had fixed the deep sleep issue.
+1
@peter_altherr And more important thing: have you at least wiped cache and dalvik before flashing the kernel? If yes, try wiping system partition too (no factory reset, you can leave /data partiton intact) then reflash ROM, gapps and kernel, and see how it goes..wait 3 or 4 minutes before trying to wake up device, after the first boot, and deep sleep would start without problems

baxtex

Oct 16, 2011
I have tried the 26/8 version but that still gives me RIL problems, I get no signal whatsoever. I cannot grab a logcat as I need my phone to work right now but I'm Running latest beanstalk version.

Labeo772

Nov 24, 2012
my phone does not see SD card with 0902
and yes im 100% sure its kernel problem....recovery sees my sd, and so iodak kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Featuring a new cpufreq interface, AbyssplugV2, intelliplug and a whole host of new additions that are not available in any other kernel for the x3.

Among them are updates only found in this kernel, saner defaults via config, better optimizations for the actual code and a rewritten version of devfreq.

It also have an updated baseband configuration and built in rather than to keep a module as it makes no sense to have a vital function as a module.

https://bitbucket.org/mourta/liquid_kernel_lge_p880-stable/

Kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/download/viy5a3dtaccd0gm/mourta-stable-08-23.zip

If there is a request for it i also have a ROM available based on grouper blobs, AD optimizations and a build around this kernel with a new dev tree.

For kernel install, it's anykernel, you can install it on any custom ROM, for stock and the lastest updates you will have to head over to Modaco and my original thread.

Note that this is a one time release, if you like it you'll have to head over to modaco to get updates.

it should be noted that the recommended settings is using intelliplug (you may need to use kernel tweaker or trickster mod for that if you're not running my ROM, and abyssplugv2, i also recommend ROW for a sheduler and Westwood for your congestion handling.

Note that you can now overclock to any frequency and it will feed the GPU chip with the needed volatage, this is great for cooking a roast beef but not for any practical use.

Quadrant scores are 8k and the last Antutu was at 16487, no overclocking but you won't reach that without using my ROM.

And with that... i'm done.

Thanks to the IODAK, Fransico, Adam77Root, Faux123 and others that provided code and/or input.
    It isnt released right?

3.4 is released and is a variation of the 3.4/3.10 kernel with my own additions.

3.10 and my lollypop version isn't released to public, there will be a version of lollypop with the 3.4/3.10 hybrid kernel since it's upgraded to last known stable at this point including all upgrades from Nvidia/Googles Android 3.4 and up to 3.4.105 which means it's now tracking stable in all three branches.

I'm about to move stable from testing so there will soon be a very stable version of 3.4 that is the first version that actually has the charging icon working, a new version of QOS and base/power is entirely rewritten and update, cpufreq and cpuidle is rewritten and up to 3.14 and we're moving to a new kernel base with the next version so this will be the last known stable for quite some time i suspect.

If you are using any version of my kernels i highly recommend that you switch to that one, oh wait, i will release another one in less than a month but that is... more of a detailed testing version that should be very stable, it's mainly to test the grounds with a new implementation where i wrote an application to fieldtest voltages on different devices and it works by recording the last known voltage until it halts the kernel and then on reboot it runs with the last known stable voltages.

It mainly did that because people undervolt too much and complain about stability but also because i can use a full range of voltages and have it settle on what is optimal.

*****es love optimal voltages. ;)
    New stuff was sent into testing an hour ago.

New kernel, new ROM, new init files, new everything.
    Oh, what I see here? The awesome kernel I'm testing with @ottomanhero and lucaarx and the great dev and friend @IcanhasLG coming back on xda? Let's rock hard&heavy, right now! :D
    I was on the latest 02-09 kernel.

Gov: abyssplugv2,
    1.3ghz max, min 51mhz, screenoff: 620mhz
    Row, westwood, no UV, intelliplug, multicore savings=0

It worked mostly good but it had issues with waking up. It would mostly not wake up in the morning (it just dies and I have to force reboot) and sometimes during the day as well. No freezes, just death in standby sometimes.

Wish it can be fixed soon. I imagine it has to do with some bugs in intelliplug or something else. Changing governor didn't help much I'm afraid.

Thanks to all the testers and the dev.
    Thanks for your report. Yes, the bug is someway related to hotplug governor and devfreq issues..A new hotplug fix is coming, we're testing hard mpdecision, intelliplug and cpuquiet to find which the best is, on handling CPU frequencies and overall CPU behaviour..ATM, we are testing a solution which seems to have solved the sod problem at all (just tested while phone was charging, after it was charged, with and without phone connection to ac power, and no more sod have happened, before and after waking phone up from deepsleep). Wait a bit more, and you'll have the definitive solution to the problem :)