Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is Titanium Backup the most powerfull app for restoring apps and data?
Yes 16 88.89%
No 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Noobs guide to use Titanium Backup for backup and restore of apps.

Tip us?

shubhojit89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffATL View Post
I have been having issues with Titanium for long time across multiple roms. I have pro version. I have it set to keep 3 latest backups and to restore titanium settings automatically. However, when I do a clean install of a rom and I try to restore apps manually the restore button is missing. It shows the date the backup was created and the delete button is on the right but there is no restore button on the left. I can restore backups from Nandroid using Titanium but this takes forever and the backups are not as fresh.

Any help would be a lifesaver!
Well I know this situation the reason you don't get the restore option is cz that app is not suitable for the present ROM and new version or this app is not compatible..

Sent from my Explorer A310e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JeffATL
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
Well I know this situation the reason you don't get the restore option is cz that app is not suitable for the present ROM and new version or this app is not compatible..

I am restoring to same rom.

shubhojit89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffATL View Post
I am restoring to same rom.
That means updated app is not supporting with the same rom

JeffATL
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
That means updated app is not supporting with the same rom

The issue must be causedbmy something else.

I am on Wicked 7.3. Apps I bacled up pn this rom and tried to restore after I reflashb to same Wicjed 7.3 are missing restore button. I can restore the app from Nandroid or the market so it has nothing to do with incompatibility with the rom.

kruuth
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Question. Is it possible to restore only items backed up on a specific date?

JeffATL
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruuth View Post
Question. Is it possible to restore only items backed up on a specific date?
No, I maintain a backup history of 3 and none are restorable. However some apps are restorable but many are not.

DavidsAndroidTrial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default But be a little more noobie for me

Love the explanation of TB. Thank you for that.
However, I'm caught in a few steps back, on that majestic 4th post. I flashed a new CM11 ROM from my stock SGH i437, and I had to wipe everything. This is my first time with rooting, romming, backing up, and all that - I've been reading for a week in prep for today. So, I backed up with every app I could find that was recommended. That includes TB, and I backed it up to my card and to Google Drive - both. I used Nandroid. I used something else, can't even remember, as well.

I flashed CM11 after wiping everything. It loads up really nicely, no problems. Whelp - one problem. There's no app called Titanium Backup. I can't get to the steps that you so wonderfully describe. How do I get there - before I can restore all of my super duper backed up stuff? Currently, I'm staring at a neat new ROM with only its apps, but I've no other apps, no contacts, no - nothing. How do I restore?

praveenpcgowda@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsAndroidTrial View Post
Love the explanation of TB. Thank you for that.
However, I'm caught in a few steps back, on that majestic 4th post. I flashed a new CM11 ROM from my stock SGH i437, and I had to wipe everything........... How do I restore?
the data that u backed up is safe in the external card . Now download the Titanium app again from play store and it will know how to restore, don't worry!
The Following User Says Thank You to praveenpcgowda@gmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DavidsAndroidTrial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenpcgowda@gmail.com View Post
the data that u backed up is safe in the external card . Now download the Titanium app again from play store and it will know how to restore, don't worry!
Such a simple step - I'm embarrassed that I was so stumped by it. Once I've done that, and I have now, it is still showing on TB that I have just 3 apps to back up. Since I did sync it to the cloud before wiping, I'm now in that process, again. It's in step 2 of 3, cleaning up the google drive folder. Here's hoping! [emoji of guy with bags under his eyes and fingers crossed]

JeffATL
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I still do not get why my Titanium does not work properly. I have Pro version. There is no restore button on majority of my apps. Only way I can restore in Titanium is to import a Nandroid backup and it takes forever for Titanium to analyze it.

Tags
backup, guide titanium backup, restore, restore titanium backup, titanium backup