Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4.x]Omni Nightlies for Find 7a/7s

Tip us?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beton87 View Post
My impressions are that 8.30 build felt a bit faster than others and first nightly is again back to "normal" - feels slower. I think I was using default performance settings, now switched to smartmax.

Was in a hurry today so couldn't get logs but bugs I noticed:

- Swiftkey can't find installed language pack after each reboot. So I have to download it again.

- I didn't have time to charge battery fully. Plugged in at 9% (LED flashing - low battery), unplugged at about 25 mins when screen off, LED on. Battery 77%, LED still on, battery circle animated. Plugged in and out at screen on to disable the glorious Skyline (TM) notification :P

- Camera recording. Settings: 720p Video, save to SD Card. While filming I can see that once in a few seconds there is visible "pulsating" of entire screen like it is focusing. It is also visible on video I took.

- Camera "glitch" - same settings as above once 8.30 (I think while recording) build and 2.9 nightly (before I started record) there was a noticable rectangle about 5mm high and 30 long (very approx) with single colour for a second or more.

I just got back home and will check if there are any logs from that time.

EDIT: ( I saw 12. hour at beginning of logat and thought there are from whole day)
dmesg: http://d-h.st/91G
logcat: http://d-h.st/7kl

it may be helpfull that i was charging after 17:00 hour and recording about 18 50.

If you give me any hints how to get usefull logs or anythng I'll try to help
I'll see if I can take a look at your logs.

I've had the device fail to register an unplug once in the last month. It seems to be very rare, although I think you're the second person to say that it usually happens when unplugging VOOC before VOOC ends (usually around 90%). (I've seen it happen at 96% though, the only time it's happened to me...). I won't have time to investigate this one before I leave.

SwiftKey language packs could be a storage issue - LVM or non-LVM?

Continuous autofocus sucking - last time I tried, it sucked on ColorOS too.

Other camera glitches - I haven't seen anything like that myself. I'll see if I can find evidence of it in the logs... But a large log with multiple issues often is nearly impossible to find an error in. 7a or 7s?
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

beton87
Old
(Last edited by beton87; Yesterday at 10:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
7a didn't have time to convert to LVM. it's like this before you added it. And camera glitches are often just when I turn it on and move around. First few seconds of preview.

Edit 1:
I had a reboot in the evening so logs up are probably useless.
But then I thought that the charging led derp should be in last_kmsg: http://d-h.st/13h

Edit 2:
I don't get much out of this but I seems like a log of last 20 minutes or so. I guess I will have to run to my laptop after spotting bug next time.

systop
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
I'll see if I can take a look at your logs.

I've had the device fail to register an unplug once in the last month. It seems to be very rare, although I think you're the second person to say that it usually happens when unplugging VOOC before VOOC ends (usually around 90%). (I've seen it happen at 96% though, the only time it's happened to me...). I won't have time to investigate this one before I leave.

SwiftKey language packs could be a storage issue - LVM or non-LVM?

Continuous autofocus sucking - last time I tried, it sucked on ColorOS too.

Other camera glitches - I haven't seen anything like that myself. I'll see if I can find evidence of it in the logs... But a large log with multiple issues often is nearly impossible to find an error in. 7a or 7s?
This VOOC charge bug also happened on cm and some other roms, I think it is a driver issue.