Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from hanspampel: Welcome to xKat Rom

[ROM][SM-P600][XXUCND3][4.4.2] ★★xKat v3.2.1★★ (21.06.2014)

Tip us?

calebcabob
Old
Thanks Meter 230
I just have one question before I try this out,

In version 3.2.1 does Gravity Box fully work? Can anyone confirm whether or not the SoftKeys/navigation bar (from GravityBox) buttons work? If you don't know what those are, they're the onscreen buttons that you can use as the typical 3 buttons at the base of the screen...MENU, HOME & BACK

Thanks so much for looking!!
Posted with my XDA Premium VIP Gold app

aeg4058
Old
(Last edited by aeg4058; 28th August 2014 at 07:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
In another thread it explains how to add NAVBAR. You can edit the build.prop file in the System folder with Root Browser, find the line that reads:

# Disable Softkeybar
qmenu.hw.mainkeys=1

change it to:
qmenu.hw.mainkeys=0

Save and reboot.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Rom: Stock

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
Rom: xKat 3.2.1

OMIGHTY1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
What's this GB that you speak of? I'm having the same problem with my lockscreen.

atonal
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Hope, theres coming a new version with an actually firnware.....it's the best Rom for p600...

Stocklone
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post

In version 3.2.1 does Gravity Box fully work? Can anyone confirm whether or not the SoftKeys/navigation bar (from GravityBox) buttons work? If you don't know what those are, they're the onscreen buttons that you can use as the typical 3 buttons at the base of the screen...MENU, HOME & BACK

If you're at all interested in an alternative to the navigation bar, keep reading. Otherwise pretend I never posted.

First, I disabled the front facing hardware keys in the prop files so I never accidentally press them again. Second, I am using Switchr with Home and Back enabled, and ButtonSavior Pro (I use two so in case one of them goes crazy, I'm not screwed.) to do all my navigation. I also have force overflow menu button in the misc tweaks section of GB enabled so I always have my menu button where it's needed. I like it better than the navigation bar since these two apps stay hidden until I want them open.

I don't have 3.2.1 of GB so I can't check for you. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stocklone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

calebcabob
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocklone View Post
If you're at all interested in an alternative to the navigation bar, keep reading. Otherwise pretend I never posted.

First, I disabled the front facing hardware keys in the prop files so I never accidentally press them again. Second, I am using Switchr with Home and Back enabled, and ButtonSavior Pro (I use two so in case one of them goes crazy, I'm not screwed.) to do all my navigation. I also have force overflow menu button in the misc tweaks section of GB enabled so I always have my menu button where it's needed. I like it better than the navigation bar since these two apps stay hidden until I want them open.

I don't have 3.2.1 of GB so I can't check for you. Sorry.
Cool man, I'll probably check this setup out thanks for the post!

bamachevrolet
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post

Yes it works, I am using it now. I have a question for anyone else using stock nav bar, is there anyway to get the buttons (back, home, recent) to be close together? On my tablet the back button is all the way to the left edge, home is in the middle, and recent is all the way on the right edge. It would be nice if the buttons where closer together.

calebcabob
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamachevrolet View Post
Yes it works, I am using it now. I have a question for anyone else using stock nav bar, is there anyway to get the buttons (back, home, recent) to be close together? On my tablet the back button is all the way to the left edge, home is in the middle, and recent is all the way on the right edge. It would be nice if the buttons where closer together.
So...what are you getting your soft keys/nav bar from? I have tried a few apps but i hate how it overlays the display...how it doesnt have it's own reserved space. Is that what youre getting? Id be curious to see a screenshot!