Mountek nGroove Snap 2 Car Mount

OP brett_day

30th May 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridge Creek, Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 60

371 posts
More
Just thought I would share this with you guys. I have been looking for a solid car mount for my Nexus and I came across this beauty. Half the price (I paid $22.82 from Amazon) of some of the other mounts that I have seen, and I have to say this thing rocks. Super easy to install, super strong and sturdy too. I have taken it out on the bumpy Oklahoma roads and my tablet didn't budge an inch. It works by placing a sticky magnet on to the back of the nexus (or whatever device) or inside your case. The magnet is strong, and it does not interfere with GPS etc. I had GPS (Sygic for offline maps) on for a 40 mile trip and it worked without missing a beat, and had music streaming via BT. Its a setal at just under $23

Here are some pics (please ignore the dust in my car)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	2771814   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	2771815   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	2771816   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	2771817  
Last edited by brett_day; 30th May 2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Added Link
15th June 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

166 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_day

Just thought I would share this with you guys. I have been looking for a solid car mount for my Nexus and I came across this beauty. Half the price (I paid $22.82 from Amazon) of some of the other mounts that I have seen, and I have to say this thing rocks. Super easy to install, super strong and sturdy too. I have taken it out on the bumpy Oklahoma roads and my tablet didn't budge an inch. It works by placing a sticky magnet on to the back of the nexus (or whatever device) or inside your case. The magnet is strong, and it does not interfere with GPS etc. I had GPS (Sygic for offline maps) on for a 40 mile trip and it worked without missing a beat, and had music streaming via BT. Its a setal at just under $23

Here are some pics (please ignore the dust in my car)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

do i have to stick anything on my tablet that could be a be in the way when i am not using the mount?
17th June 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridge Creek, Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 60

371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaraTheDragon

do i have to stick anything on my tablet that could be a be in the way when i am not using the mount?

The only thing you have to stick on to the tablet (or onto a case as I have done) is a small, very thin magnet. It applies via a sticky pad. It is not obtrusive at all and sits almost flush with the device or case.
3rd September 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I'm thinking of dumping my ngroove for this magnetic one, how well does it stay up in the cd tray?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread