Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What's Your Next Tablet Going To Be?

Tip us?

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed View Post
Go for 8.3
I agree. The 8.3 is vastly better and there are some good deals available.

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Interesting, even today the 8.3 is getting high marks! Especially the GPE when it comes to Google updates!

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/10...vs-nexus-7.htm
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

Impromark
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Well, it's IFA time and the first batch of new tablets has been announced. It's been a year since the G Pad was introduced and Sony, Asus and Acer have started to blab on the newest tabs.

The only one to really catch my eye is the Sony Experia Tab Compact, an 8" Full HD with the usual Sony bells and whistles. Not bad, since the stock Sony ROM is relatively unintrusive. Asus and Acer have some lower end tabs (Acer has one that could replace my dusty A700 that serves as the home media center) that aren't really worth mentioning in the same breath as the G Pad, but the week is young.

I'm still quite happy with my G Pad and am not looking to replace it (The Sammy Tab S 8.4 almost, ALMOST made me flinch, but TW is still making me hesitate) quite yet; save for the screen brightness / gamma issue, it's been a very welcome driver for my work and home purposes. We'll see what 2015 has to offer; in the meantime some of the ROMs will always be here to play with should I really get bored.

Any thoughts from my fellow G Pad users?

Mark

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impromark View Post
Well, it's IFA time and the first batch of new tablets has been announced. It's been a year since the G Pad was introduced and Sony, Asus and Acer have started to blab on the newest tabs.

The only one to really catch my eye is the Sony Experia Tab Compact, an 8" Full HD with the usual Sony bells and whistles. Not bad, since the stock Sony ROM is relatively unintrusive. Asus and Acer have some lower end tabs (Acer has one that could replace my dusty A700 that serves as the home media center) that aren't really worth mentioning in the same breath as the G Pad, but the week is young.

I'm still quite happy with my G Pad and am not looking to replace it (The Sammy Tab S 8.4 almost, ALMOST made me flinch, but TW is still making me hesitate) quite yet; save for the screen brightness / gamma issue, it's been a very welcome driver for my work and home purposes. We'll see what 2015 has to offer; in the meantime some of the ROMs will always be here to play with should I really get bored.

Any thoughts from my fellow G Pad users?

Mark
The premium line of Samsung like the Pro and S series are not as bad as you think.
The hardware/specs are huge .
When you flash cyanogenmod then you have a premium feeling for cheap price.
The Pro line 8.4 is just 275 now.
And I have a 8.4 and I'm on touchwizz because touchwizz is really fine on this 8.4.
On my Galaxy Note and other Samsung phones am I using AOSP roms but on tablets is it really working fine.

You should consider buying a tablet from the Samsung pro line

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !