My kindle updated to the latest amazon OS version.
I did all this right on my kindle
1. I downloaded ES file explorer through amazon.
2. I went to towelroot.com and clicked the TR button.
3. Opened ES file explorer clicked on downloaded and installed TR.apk
4 Opened TR app.
5. Rooted succesfully
6. Downloaded safestrap
7. Downloaded thor gapps rom
8. Installed safestrap
9. Opened safestrap
10. Created rom slot
11. Backup my stock rom to first rom slot
12. Created second rom slot
13. Flashed gapps rom
14. Booted into gapps rom and NOW I HAVE FULL USE OF AOSP! google play and services!!!!!!
I don't know what people are talking about.
BOTH ROOT AND THIS ROM WORK ON THE LATEST VERSION OF AMAZON OS
I just downloaded a launcher from google play and its like I have a nexus 7 in my hand. I love it!
update all you want.