Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 44,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[m8vzw][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Tip us?

Duckman_UF
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFett View Post
When I boot into recovery 6.27..5-m8vzw I have the error E:could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!

I have reflashed the recovery, I have redownloaded it and then reflashed it. If I try and mount /data I get Error mounting /data! Formatting it gives the same error and it skips the format.

I am trying to restore my stock nandroid so I can get a GPS lock and then go back to CM11.
It sounds like your /data partition is corrupt just like mine is. Take a look at this thread and let me know if you have had any of these problems if you don't mind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...blems-t2834991

I'm on Philz now and I'm getting the same error. Has nothing to do with Philz. I'm going to try what dottat suggests in the last post when I get time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duckman_UF For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MacFett
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman_UF View Post
It sounds like your /data partition is corrupt just like mine is. Take a look at this thread and let me know if you have had any of these problems if you don't mind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...blems-t2834991

I'm on Philz now and I'm getting the same error. Has nothing to do with Philz. I'm going to try what dottat suggests in the last post when I get time.
I switched to twrp as there is an option in it to repair /data was able to flash a stock ROM for gps. Thanks for that thread I'll check it out so I can hopefully switch back to philz.

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Free mobile app
"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind." H.P. Lovecraft 1890-1937

Duckman_UF
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFett View Post
I switched to twrp as there is an option in it to repair /data was able to flash a stock ROM for gps. Thanks for that thread I'll check it out so I can hopefully switch back to philz.

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Free mobile app
Where do you see an option in TWRP to "Repair" your data partition???

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote:

Found it, will see if it works. I'm going to reflash Philz and see if I'm getting the same error.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Found it, will see if it works. I'm going to reflash Philz and see if I'm getting the same error.

Unfortunately for me it didn't fix my issue. I thought that sounded way too simple. It's going to take a modified RUU or something like that to truly repair a corrupted data partition. There's a guide here somewhere but it's only for GSM M8's....which suks.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Unfortunately for me it didn't fix my issue. I thought that sounded way too simple. It's going to take a modified RUU or something like that to truly repair a corrupted data partition. There's a guide here somewhere but it's only for GSM M8's....which suks.
I take that back??? WTH?? I just shut my phone down and entered Philz from the key combo (Hboot screen) and I'm not getting the error any more. I'm going to try and flash a sense based ROM. If this is all it took to fix my data partition I'm gonna be pissed lol! Ive spent a long time dealing with this issue.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I take that back??? WTH?? I just shut my phone down and entered Philz from the key combo (Hboot screen) and I'm not getting the error any more. I'm going to try and flash a sense based ROM. If this is all it took to fix my data partition I'm gonna be pissed lol! Ive spent a long time dealing with this issue.

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I still cant install a GPE ROM. DH's ROM appeared to install correctly but it just sat there afterward and spun the nice little GPE balls around forever. Back to my nandroid of KingKang. So frustrated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duckman_UF For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I still cant install a GPE ROM. DH's ROM appeared to install correctly but it just sat there afterward and spun the nice little GPE balls around forever. Back to my nandroid of KingKang. So frustrated.
Wait for our firmware to update then try installing again, I bet it'll work then.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Duckman_UF
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
Wait for our firmware to update then try installing again, I bet it'll work then.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Man I hope so. Are we about to get an update in the near future? I saw the hybrid thread but I'm not up on whats going on really

matteebee
Old
Thanks Meter 274

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Man I hope so. Are we about to get an update in the near future? I saw the hybrid thread but I'm not up on whats going on really
http://www.phonedog.com/2014/09/02/v...aign=BlinkFeed
Stay thirsty, my friends

Duckman_UF
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee View Post
Thanks,

I "Repaired" (lol) my data partition with TWRP and Philz stopped giving me that error but I noticed last night it took quite a while to boot into Philz and sure enough it was giving me the same error again. I tried to choose a file from the sdcard and it wouldnt mount. So, until I get my data partition fixed i'm very limited on what I can flash.