I picked up an Azpen A727 for $20 at Microcenter last week and was troubled to find nothing about rooting & related things..
- Download the Cydia Impactor
- Turn on USB Debugging, First enable development mode, Settings->About Tablet->(tap the build number a bunch of times), then go to "Developer Options"-> Enable "USB debugging"
- Unpack Cydia Impactor, run the executable
- select "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" if not already selected and hit start.
- Once it completes, reboot and install SuperSu from the play store and you should be done.
I stashed the partition dumps up here: (currently uploading) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhns872ge...xcSpphgnYXcG9a
Next, I'm off to get CWM working..
I am not responsible if you void your warranty, brick your tablet or shoot yourself in the foot in any other way.
Also is there not an Azpen subforum?