Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED][2014][How-to]Everything you need to know and do to your Captivate Glide

Tip us?

Pawprints1986
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdude124 View Post
Okay let me see if i can answer this right:
1: No, a theme will not slow your device down at all
2: Okay well when I use CM 11 its the opposite when I short press an icon in the status bar it turns it off/on, long press takes you to that icons settings.
3: If your talking about the quick settings panel (I think thats what you mean by second screen) that is also in the New TW UI/JB 4.1+
4: CM 11/crDROID allows you to have a lockscreen wallpaper and also a homescreen wallpaper (settings>themes>lockscreen wallpaper)
5: As for stock settings, well TW 4.1.1 looks the same way as stock (TW 4.3+ is more "dumbed" down and has sections which i didn't like)
6: Hey no ones pressuring you to update your phone its your phone after all, update it when you want to! When you have decided that you want to update it, just make an nandroid backup so you can always go back if you don't like it (I switched my s3 to CM 11 but I have my back up just in case I want to go back to TW 4.4.2) Hope this answers your questions
for #3, I was meaning when you pull down your notification drawer, theres one section for notifications, and you have to click on a whole separate section for the buttons. I like having the buttons and notifications all in the one screen. Its more compact If I were to find an older theme (touchwiz 4.1 or older) would it also turn the silly 2 screens into the one I am used to?

Definitely will make a backup when I am ready. Ive just been basically slowly doing some research on which ROM id like to try installing when the time does come that it is needed. im sure at some point eventually there will be apps ill want that arent supported by android 4.0.4 anymore... the same thing happened to my ipod touch a few years ago. the ipod itself is in excellent condition... they just stopped support for it. Quite bothersome when the device outlasts the OS. Which is why i LOVE that when the time does come, ill be able to get a new version installed on my same phone Even if i have to get used to a few things appearance-wise... I would have to if i got a new device anyway. Not to mention, being able to keep physical qwerty on current android versions

stormdude124
Old
(Last edited by stormdude124; 23rd August 2014 at 07:10 AM.) Reason: really large screen shot!
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
I can relate to the iPod situation
My friend gave me his 4th gen a few years back and my mom found it while cleaning 2 months ago and now is outdated and stuck with iOS 6 now no popular apps can install on it anymore (like Facebook,Tumblr ect.)
Anyways here's a screenshot of CM 11s status bar and drawer (if I can recall stock looks like this) BTW I'm using s4 theme

Deer are awesome and so is this guide [UPDATED][2014][How-to]Everything you need to know and do to your Captivate Glide
"Let the Fox out of the box and be free" FoxSoft Technologys

stormdude124
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Default I found Stock firmware files!

I got my hands on Stock firmware please test and let me know if it is stable!
any questions just ask!
Deer are awesome and so is this guide [UPDATED][2014][How-to]Everything you need to know and do to your Captivate Glide
"Let the Fox out of the box and be free" FoxSoft Technologys