Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What is ".SIc-yJMAhEcjs6wmSi9Uhdeyr_M=" Folder?

OP narflynn619

24th June 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 983

609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtlar

I contacted Mobile Systems, (OfficeSuite 7) and they stated it was not related to their program and directed me to this thread.

After un-installing OfficeSuite 7 & installing OfficeSuite 6.5, I can confirm the folder/directory and related is created by OfficeSuite 7.

I have since emailed them, but have had no reply.

It would be nice to know why the folder is created if nothing else, but a folder name that is less threatening looking or applicable to the program would cause less concern.

I have the folder too, I'm using OfficeSuite 7 Pro either, can't be a coincidence.
25th June 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1nGu1n_

I have the folder too, I'm using OfficeSuite 7 Pro either, can't be a coincidence.

There is no doubt for me that the folder & related file are created by OfficeSuite 7. I have since gone back to OfficeSuite 6.5 on my three Android devices and it is NOT created.

It may be harmless as suggested, but if your program is going to create STRANGLY NAMED folders etc...... Why not name it something, like WE ARE A VIRUS - GOTCHA!

Great Program though! I just won't be recommending it to others or upgrading until a fix/explanation is made.
Last edited by Oldtlar; 25th June 2014 at 04:50 AM.
25th June 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 983

609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtlar

There is no doubt for me that the folder & related file are created by OfficeSuite 7. I have since gone back to OfficeSuite 6.5 on my three Android devices and it is NOT created.

It may be harmless as suggested, but if your program is going to create STRANGLY NAMED folders etc...... Why not name it something, like WE ARE A VIRUS - GOTCHA!

Great Program though! I just won't be recommending it to others or upgrading until a fix/explanation is made.

The problem is that it is strangely named and contains... nothing. Just a .nomedia file.
Thereafter, I don't get why they deny OfficeSuite 7 created it. I don't mind it being there, but it's weird. That weird that it made me Google at, Google brought me in this thread.
29th July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #14  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

91 posts
More
hi all - Same problem
Hi all,

I've the same Problem :

I'm using OfficeSuite 7 too (coincidence ?)
I've this folder on my SDCARD (internal) ans SDCARD1 (external)
This folder Stress me (i delet it all days)

Can anyone help me for removing totaly this folder ?

thx
2nd August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #15  
Flag Gdansk / Walcz (near Pila)
Thanks Meter: 206

1,186 posts
More
U need to find app which is creating it. Its not officesuite as i have it and dont have the folder.
However i reflashed everything week ago and before i had this (or very similar) folder

Apps i didnt.install after update:
Tour the france
Discovery news
Drippler
Wolfram alpha
And some from polish bank bank mbank and polish part of orange

Maybe u have one of them

Sent using C6833 - Carbon KitKat/Pimped Z1 Kernel
Last edited by ch3mn3y; 2nd August 2014 at 07:34 PM.
4th September 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 15

585 posts
I also have this problem. Even if I delete the folder, then find myself always on the external sd is that the internal memory.

It 'annoying ............
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread