Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]How To Change The Battery Icon On Stock Xperia KitKat..UPDATED!!

Tip us?

Ticklefish
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo View Post
Thanks for your efforts.
I am sure we can make this.

Are you talking about the BatteryController$SettingsObserver.smali that has to be copied from 4.3? If yes, I might give it a shot myself
That's the one! From what I remember of that smali, you shouldn't have to change any references..just copy it over from one apk to the other.

- Tickle My Android 9.2 -

Making Theming Android Fun!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1633333

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 632

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish View Post
That's the one! From what I remember of that smali, you shouldn't have to change any references..just copy it over from one apk to the other.
Still fc. Guess we need to edit some more smali stuff here.
But looks better than the last log.

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206): Process: com.android.systemui, PID: 4206
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206): java.lang.ClassCastException: android.widget.ImageView cannot be cast to com.android.systemui.BatteryMeterView
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.makeStatusBarView(PhoneStatusBar.java:896)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.addStatusBarWindow(PhoneStatusBar.java:2793)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.createAndAddWindows(PhoneStatusBar.java:2767)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.BaseStatusBar.start(BaseStatusBar.java:309)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.start(PhoneStatusBar.java:542)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.SystemBars.createStatusBarFromConfig(SystemBars.java:106)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.SystemBars.onNoService(SystemBars.java:58)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.ServiceMonitor.startService(ServiceMonitor.java:228)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.ServiceMonitor.access$000(ServiceMonitor.java:49)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.ServiceMonitor$1.handleMessage(ServiceMonitor.java:73)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5001)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(NativeMethod)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:785)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:601)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4206):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 2749): Process com.android.systemui has crashed too many times: killing!

STRYDER~007
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy Need help please...

I was porting battery icon from z2 systemui to jelly bean 4.2.2 as the inside battery percent is not there ..I copied the pngs and drawbles...changed status bar layout and recompiled successfully.I also copied the smali files and gave proper address reference and recompiled but when pushed to system it force closes..Will somebody help me please?? I've attached logcat here...
Attached Files
File Type: txt Logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (7.2 KB, 2 views)
Current device - Sony Xperia L
Status - Bootloader Unlocked
Android - Jelly Bean
Kernel - Stock Kernel

nurps
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Would it be possible to create a KitKat Battery Changer xPosed module? Or is there only the "hard" way?

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 632

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurps View Post
Would it be possible to create a KitKat Battery Changer xPosed module? Or is there only the "hard" way?
Would be possible by hiding the stock battery and displaying another battery icon instead in statusbar. Perhaps one might add an option to use battery theme zip files with a certain structure.

However, I dont have the skills to create such a module.
My work:
  • NeoWave - A fully Z3 themed custom rom for the Sony Xperia V (Link) and Xperia T (Link)

Siddhesh Sapre
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Unhappy Can someone please try this?

Dear all friends and senior members,developers,
I know you all really work hard on designing a particular rom and to get it working.However,there is a small request,though a personal one.
I tried to replace the 4.4.2 battery icon with the stock 4.2.2 battery icon and the stamina mode(green horizontal one that all the xperia 2011,2012 and early 2013 xperias had,and even on our xperia z 4.1.2 and 4.2).
I tried this by editing the SystemUI.apk of the 4.4.2 with winrar and replacing the system battery pictures from SystemUI.apk of 4.2.2.However,I had no success.I aslo tried this guide,but no success!
Can someone please do the following:
1.Prepare a SystemUI.apk with the green horizontal icon that came with the stock 4.2.2 and old 2011 and 2012 xperias and the Stamia icon(old one on 4.2.2 and 4.3 stock)
2.Prepare a SystemUI.apk with the green horizontal icon that came with the stock 4.2.2 and old 2011 and 2012 xperias and the Stamia icon(new one on 4.4.2 existenz/stock)
I know a majority of you will give replies as ....you do it yourself,its your personal choice,we don't want the one you want and blah..blah..blah
But guys,I think,we all are here to help each other.I asked for help,because i tried and I couldn't do it successfully.I first tried myself and I am then asking for this.
If anyone cannot make it,then kindly,atleast explain/guide me as to how to do this properly to get the things I want to have on this rom.
Please help guys
Yours sincerely,
Siddhesh Sapre
Tags
4.4, battery, kitkat, tutorial, xperia