Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dialer App On AOSP/CM ROMs

OP arikdahn

18th June 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
Hey guys!
Does anybody have any idea why only the TW/Stock dialer works on my phone despite trying multiple AOSP/CM ROMs, kernels, PRL/Firmwares, and recoveries? I'm having tons of trouble finding others with this problem. The CM-style dialers all glitch and will not allow the input of keys from the phone/dialer app and will on some roms black the screen out completely despite my using the home button to minimize the app. In a few ROMs I've had to hard reboot the phone to get it out of the call screen. In others, only the dialer/phone app itself freezes up and the screen glitches with mild to moderate system ui problems.
19th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

37 posts
Anybody? Or maybe I could provide some more info to anyone who has questions that we might figure out what the dilly is, here?
19th June 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 125

271 posts
More
Dirty flashing? I don't know why you're having this issue but I have had issues in some roms where the aosp dialer come up blank with no digits.
What I did was search for blacked out dialer apks. Grabbed one for aosp and one for TW. Each time I go to a new rom I just overwrite the dialer apk, change permission reboot and good to go. Maybe that could be of some help maybe not. Just an idea and good luck

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to HPferoxCraft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPferoxCraft

Dirty flashing? I don't know why you're having this issue but I have had issues in some roms where the aosp dialer come up blank with no digits.
What I did was search for blacked out dialer apks. Grabbed one for aosp and one for TW. Each time I go to a new rom I just overwrite the dialer apk, change permission reboot and good to go. Maybe that could be of some help maybe not. Just an idea and good luck

Thanks. Yeah, it's hard to explain exactly what happens, but it's not involving the omission of digits or lack of recognition. It's on all non-TW ROMs and causes the phone to totally wig out and the screen blinks on and off, sometimes locking the phone, sometimes not. It never used to do it before, and I suspect . It works great for every other aspect of the ROMS other than the dialer/phone app. It's not so simple at all that I can use one of those fine ROMS and just uninstall the CM dialer and install the TW version, is it?
19th June 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 125

271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arikdahn

Thanks. Yeah, it's hard to explain exactly what happens, but it's not involving the omission of digits or lack of recognition. It's on all non-TW ROMs and causes the phone to totally wig out and the screen blinks on and off, sometimes locking the phone, sometimes not. It never used to do it before, and I suspect . It works great for every other aspect of the ROMS other than the dialer/phone app. It's not so simple at all that I can use one of those fine ROMS and just uninstall the CM dialer and install the TW version, is it?

I don't think that would work. You'd need aosp dialer on AOSP and TW dialer on TW. There's other apks and libraries involved. But you can always cherry pick apks from other 'like' roms that you know work fine. I just play around till something sticks, I break more than I fix but that's why we make backups.

The Following User Says Thank You to HPferoxCraft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 38

162 posts
To fix the dialer app not sending or receiving calls and getting stuck after call hang up.
You gotta use the method at the below link to fix this issue. I like AOSP over touchwhiz roms so i am so glad this xda member came up with this solution for us.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539794
Last edited by OsmanMusa; 5th September 2014 at 05:10 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread