Originally Posted by Tremulant1
Anyone out there that can make this a flashable zip? or cook it into a rom? I would if I knew how
This would require quite a bit of work. The update contains a dlpkgfile which nobody has figured out how to decompress. It's not a normal zip, bzip, gzip, lzip, lhzip, or anything I can decompress. Looking through the file's data it's obvious that it's compressed using opensource code, but LG must have put their own "spin" on it.
About the only thing I can think of doing to extract the changes would be to do a fresh factory reset, go through all the updates and take a snapshot of the /system partition prior to this small update, do the update, and then take another snapshot after the update. Using some file comparison tools such as Meld in Linux I can compare the before/after to capture the differences. Totally possible to do, just very time consuming. Here's the rough steps if someone wants to do it themselves...
1. revert back to D80010d (LGFlashtool)
2. use OTA process to upgrade to 80020c
3. root using IOroot25
4. take a snapshot of /system partition using "dd"
5. use OTA process to upgrade to 80020k
6. take a second snapshot of /system partition using "dd"
7. mount snapshots on Linux desktop
8. compare mounted snapshots using Meld
This will only capture differences on the /system partition. If there are updates to other partitions then those partitions would also have to extracted and compared as well.
- LG G2 D800 -
- 2 Nexus Flo -