Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[SPECS] Specifications - Xiaomi Mi 4

22nd August 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #21  
Flag In a land of my own
Thanks Meter: 1

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Toughman

Yesterday a friend of mine got his Mi4, too, and i had the same feeling, that it is not as smooth as my Huawei Honor 6. The speed of opening an app is almost the same, but the xiaomi stuff's switch of home screens had some hiccups.

I just ordered one, and I'm definately not staying with the default miui launcher. The animations and effects are unnecessarily slow and make the whole system feel heavy.

On a more technical note, does anyone know how to ROOT and if there is a leaked miui 6 version around?
23rd August 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 33

279 posts
Hi GUys
Can anybody extract fonts from Mi4 ?
thnx
30th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 6

59 posts
Hi there. I m an old huawei honor 2 user and ,after 1 month of using G2 i sold it and buy just yesterday, the xiaomi mi4! Great phone , of course there is a long way to say this for sure, but the first impression is very satisfying.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimaslan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #24  

28 posts
Hi,

I was looking into buying this phone but I'm unsure if it'll work in Canada.
I'm typically with Koodo/Wind, both of which operate on the 1700/2100 MHz bands... I see that 2100 is compatible, but there's no frequency band for 1700. Does this mean the phone won't work here?

Thanks!!
4th September 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 48

287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazinas

I just ordered one, and I'm definately not staying with the default miui launcher. The animations and effects are unnecessarily slow and make the whole system feel heavy.

On a more technical note, does anyone know how to ROOT and if there is a leaked miui 6 version around?

There are a few how to root tutorials out there, just google it. Basically it's just flashing the official developer ROM and then changing a setting. Latest developer ROM is already MIUI 6.

I've never liked MIUI because of the unnecessary flair (though I do love the design of their themes), once I'm past honeymoon period I'll probably start seriously looking into alternatives. Anyone know if the CM for Mi4 is already good as daily driver?
5th September 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #26  
Flag In a land of my own

78 posts
More
As far as I hear (haven't tried it myself) not yet. It is still buggy and camera quality is a bit crap.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetailed

There are a few how to root tutorials out there, just google it. Basically it's just flashing the official developer ROM and then changing a setting. Latest developer ROM is already MIUI 6.

I've never liked MIUI because of the unnecessary flair (though I do love the design of their themes), once I'm past honeymoon period I'll probably start seriously looking into alternatives. Anyone know if the CM for Mi4 is already good as daily driver?

As far as I hear (haven't tried it myself) it's ok. The camera quality is a bit crap I think.
Last edited by sazinas; 5th September 2014 at 08:45 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4g lte, mi 4, xiaomi, xiaomi mi-4, xiaomi mi4
Previous Thread Next Thread