Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!

[RECOVERY LOCKED/ND3] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

Tip us?

daltonhrrll
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDofWR420 View Post
Yes but you need to be rooted and have busy box and superuser installed then you can flash safestrap
Yeah I got all that

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonhrrll View Post
Yeah I got all that
And don't accept any OTA updates from ATT...or your root exploit will be patched....g
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

daltonhrrll
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
And don't accept any OTA updates from ATT...or your root exploit will be patched....g
Yeah I changed all the .apk that have to do with any sort of update to .because it almost updated before I started
The Following User Says Thank You to daltonhrrll For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eracet
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
If you uninstall Safestrap will OTA updates work?
Then can you turn it back on.

Not even sure how to kill the update.
It tried multiple times kind of annoying.
Not even sure what is it trying to update.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracet View Post
If you uninstall Safestrap will OTA updates work?
Then can you turn it back on.

Not even sure how to kill the update.
It tried multiple times kind of annoying.
Not even sure what is it trying to update.
If you take the update the root exploit will be removed...hence...no root...no safestrap....no busybox....

You would then be forced to Odin back to factory firmware and start the process over again....

Use titanium backup and freeze "ATT SOFTWARE UPDATE "....and you won't receive the update....g
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MonarchX
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I installed DK 3 after a full wipe, but I can't get some things to work... SafeStrap won't install or maybe it will, but selecting "Boot to SafeStrap" after holding the power button does not make my phone boot into SafeStrap... I can only boot into SafeStrap if I actually open up SafeStrap app and select "Boot to SafeStrap". The app says" State: Installed" but it also says "Safe System: Not Active". What does that mean and how can I fix it? I already purchased things like BusyBox and SuperSU Chainfire to make sure I have all the needed features, but apparently it didn't help with this problem...

UnhoIy
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post
I installed DK 3 after a full wipe, but I can't get some things to work... SafeStrap won't install or maybe it will, but selecting "Boot to SafeStrap" after holding the power button does not make my phone boot into SafeStrap... I can only boot into SafeStrap if I actually open up SafeStrap app and select "Boot to SafeStrap". The app says" State: Installed" but it also says "Safe System: Not Active". What does that mean and how can I fix it? I already purchased things like BusyBox and SuperSU Chainfire to make sure I have all the needed features, but apparently it didn't help with this problem...
SuperSU and busybox are free, firstly. Safestrap, busy box, and SU are already included in many of the ROMs(if not all) so they don't need to be reflashed/installed. To change the status from Not Active, I believe you need to create a ROM slot, which they don't work and maybe never will, so you flash away to the Stock ROM slot. Unless you can't flash anything, it doesn't seem like Safestrap is the problem but a bug in the ROM.
Got a question? Ask one of these guys first