Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NO ROOT] Motorola Assist w/ driving mode...

Tip us?

owais113
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReOmbra View Post
For work need:
1) Install Motorola Modality Services . (apk Below)
2) If you have already install Motorola Assist (if not, install It from playstore)
3) you can reboot the phone and the new function appear.
Did you pull it from the system? I just gave my Moto X to my dad, and he;s away. Can I use your apk for the thread? I'll credit you.

aiseno
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReOmbra View Post
For work need:
1) Install Motorola Modality Services . (apk Below)
2) If you have already install Motorola Assist (if not, install It from playstore)
3) you can reboot the phone and the new function appear.
Confirm this working. Assist with driving now, will try it when I hit the road.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

ReOmbra
Old
Thanks Meter 32
You can use

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola XT1032 Uk
Android 4.4.4 De
Rom: Stock
Bootloader : Unlocked

Motorola MB300
Android 2.1 EU
Rom: Preclair 1.6
Root

draxofavalon
Old
(Last edited by draxofavalon; 1st September 2014 at 04:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up it works!

It worked here!

I had to do the process 2 times, but it worked! now I have driving mode and "home" mode!

I still haven't tried driving but I'll do it in a few hours

Thanks!

Edit: it doensn't work, it installs and everything looks fine but when on car or at home (the 2 new features) it keep saying that mobility service has stopped.

sgorveatt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Driving mode battery effect?

Hi, I'm temped to install this on my phone, but how does the moto g determine when to turn on driving mode? I know the moto x uses one of the contextual processor cores of the X8 chip, but the moto g doesn't have a low powered contextual core. Does this mean that it is constantly using the accelerometer and how does this effect battery life?

Just looking for some opinions of people who have actually used the driving mode.

Thanks

theideaweb
Old
(Last edited by theideaweb; 3rd September 2014 at 02:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Have installed, but just seems to force close a lot (every 15-20 seconds) when driving mode is activated. Anyone else seeing that?

I do see force closes mentioned in the OP, but this is definitely more than I would expect.

singh_jsm
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by owais113 View Post
So Motorola said they'll make Driving mode on Assist available sometime in the summer, but people like me can't wait! So here are some key APKs that I pulled out from the Moto X's system dump that you'll need to get Drive mode working...

What does Assist do?: http://youtu.be/xY8FyFnSB78
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::
DOWNLOAD: http://goo.gl/IhI22k
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

1. Install both APKs on your phone(Assist APK is necessary as it will create important cache files...)
2. Go to Settings>Apps>All and find Assist and Force stop, Clear Data and Cache...
3. Reboot your phone by pressing down the volume key for more than 20 seconds...
4. Now open Assist and you'll see new stuff.

If Assist doesn't install, no problem. Install the other apk, and done.The Assist apk I provided only creates some cache files when installation is initialized.

You can now use driving mode and home mode on Moto G and Moto E!

Problems: Modality services may periodically FC, but is very important as it detects when you're driving...
option comes up but driving option not working

Dhiraj
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Check the update in play store.