[PORT][CM11s][ROM][4.4]CM11s for CODINA by |FORCEware|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
What a f@ck? I can't install this ROM.
It installs fine just doesn't boot so I would stay away for time being I have tried with and without custom kernel I think it just boot loops to be honest 1st time with custom kernel it showed boot animation twice then blackscreened 2nd time without kernel same thing except it showed boot animation only once then black screened

Although it doesn't boot I can't wait to try this when working and glad to see new devs working on ACE 2 also really want to try this badly will be good to try

OK had a little look into some of the stuff and noticed NFC.apk so im thinking it maybe more for CodinaP than Codina anyway as this ain't booting I pulled a few things and installed them normally

Last edited:

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Sorry to hear everyone is having problems. I'll address some of them here.

Firstly I'm not a fully fledged Galaxy Ace II Developer and you have to understand that this is my first development on a Samsung device and I'm trying to get used to how things work here.

Secondly this ROM is a port of my ROM for the Xperia SP and it as expected didn't turned out very well during boot. The bootloop fix is underway and please do understand this is a TEST. READ IN THE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Thirdly I condone the use of languages that violate the forum rules. For those who've used very unnecessary language I'm letting you off for now. If continued, I'm taking action. Believe me Im not afraid to lose supporters if they're unwilling to be courteous to others.

Fourth if youve have any experience with rom creation for Samsung devices, I can use assistance in development. Because again, im new to Samsung devices.

Fifth, I own a galaxy ace II and yes I'm mainly using my SONY device. Understand that I can't flash ROMs myself on my ace as I've given it to my cousin. Why I decide to develop this for the ace? Simply because I want to see how Samsung development goes.

If you've any more queries, please leave a message in the thread and I will attend to you shortly.

Regards,
Furrydaus

Sent with the XDA Premium Application for the XPERIA SP running CM11s

Reactions: Alwer and sathie

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
If this boots I will defiantly give it a try

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Great work just out of curiosity where's V4 as it says in change log ?

OK tested and doesn't boot also boot animation lags badly and needs centring

I'm sorry but v4 was meant to be for the Xperia sp version of the rom

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
It could be nightlies or weeklies as it's one+one CM11S port which gets updated quite often and has more features to normal CM11

As stated in the announcements section this ROM won't be updated too much but just enough for main functions and applications to work

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
It installs fine just doesn't boot so I would stay away for time being I have tried with and without custom kernel I think it just boot loops to be honest 1st time with custom kernel it showed boot animation twice then blackscreened 2nd time without kernel same thing except it showed boot animation only once then black screened

Although it doesn't boot I can't wait to try this when working and glad to see new devs working on ACE 2 also really want to try this badly will be good to try

OK had a little look into some of the stuff and noticed NFC.apk so im thinking it maybe more for CodinaP than Codina anyway as this ain't booting I pulled a few things and installed them normally

Thank you for being a helpful user. Yes I'm looking into bootloop errors and Im clearing grime and the things that are not needed out of the package. I'll be utilizing current cm ROMs to aid in my development.

Regards,
Furrydaus

Reactions: danny19901

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
Thank you for being a helpful user. Yes I'm looking into bootloop errors and Im clearing grime and the things that are not needed out of the package. I'll be utilizing current cm ROMs to aid in my development.

Regards,
Furrydaus

No problem and I would be glad to help out anyway possible and good luck fixing bootloop this ROM seems promising when fixed but I did notice a lot of stuff like NFC.apk and u-disco which I would recommend removing at first thought it was a notication light blinker but it just utilises the cameras flash

Reactions: Furrydaus

judas1977

Mar 22, 2011
Refer to the recent lengthy post I've posted in page 3

Yes, site THREE (3).

I wouldn't complain IF you wrote it in OP.

Instead of quoting bunch of useless licenses, you should write "big red" NOT TESTED in OP.

Some people just love to be a guinea pigs and installing every released ROM, but you have to understand, that people consider everything posted in development section to (at least) working/booting.

I don't support using bad language, but... people have right to complain just the same way as you have right to release UNTESTED things... (even if you do it for free).

It's always good to see new dev in our device section (even if he/she is just learning), but we have to keep some standards. Those standards were broken when people that didn't have codinas started to release untested ROMs (some of them have "personal" testers though, and - most important - making ROMs for similar devices - they have big chance to make working ROM).

You said, you wanted to learn how to make samsung custom ROMs - great, but as i said - you should test if it* (at least) is booting.

Sometime is better to focus on device you OWN instead to making other devices users happy by force...

@danny19901

Nfc.apk is present in sources of many ROMs, i don't think it's a factor here... AFAIR - i deleted it using option in local manifest in my ROMs...

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
Yes, site THREE (3).

Instead of quoting bunch of useless licenses, you should write "big red" NOT TESTED in OP.

Some people just love to be a guinea pigs and installing every released ROM, but you have to understand, that people consider everything posted in development section to (at least) working/booting.

I don't support using bad language, but... people have right to complain just the same way as you have right to release UNTESTED things... (even if you do it for free).

It's always good to see new dev in our device section (even if he/she is just learning), but we have to keep some standards. Those standards were broken when people that didn't have codinas started to release untested ROMs (some of them have "personal" testers though, and - most important - making ROMs for similar devices - they have big chance to make working ROM).

You said, you wanted to learn how to make samsung custom ROMs - great, but as i said - you should test if it* (at least) is booting.

Sometime is better to focus on device you OWN instead to making other devices users happy by force...

@danny19901

Nfc.apk is present in sources of many ROMs, i don't think it's a factor here... AFAIR - i deleted it using option in local manifest in my ROMs...
I know where everyone is coming from yes the ROM didn't boot but move on stuff like this happens when I had P880 it takes for it to get a working slimkat ROM as it wouldn't boot at all and when it finally booted it was unusable and stable but all devs and XDA members tried helping out with it to make it stable and the developer for was a well known dev

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
ROM closed until I've get to be more used to Samsung firmwares. Until then, thread will be deleted to prevent more people getting frustrated. I am not willing to develop for codina anymore as I've seem to learn that this device is more difficult to develop than newer ones. Maybe I'll come back. Just maybe but not now. Sorry for the disappointment.

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
ROM closed until I've get to be more used to Samsung firmwares. Until then, thread will be deleted to prevent more people getting frustrated. I am not willing to develop for codina anymore as I've seem to learn that this device is more difficult to develop than newer ones. Maybe I'll come back. Just maybe but not now. Sorry for the disappointment.

Try talking to codina devs they maybe able to help out rather than facing problems on your own

Shame was looking forward to this how about try make a different ROM for time being I can test for you

Last edited:

Nathanabrahams

Dec 2, 2013
Hythe
I'm not being Funny or anything ... But you can't just do that you at least need to talk with actual developers in order to solve problems ... They have experience that will be handful to you and you just want to do it on your own. On the other hand I do understand it to a point because doing it yourself will make it more worth while ... How ever progress will be forever and that won't sort anything.

Reactions: danny19901

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
I'm not being Funny or anything ... But you can't just do that you at least need to talk with actual developers in order to solve problems ... They have experience that will be handful to you and you just want to do it on your own. On the other hand I do understand it to a point because doing it yourself will make it more worth while ... How ever progress will be forever and that won't sort anything.
True nicely said doing something on own may not accomplish anything and it may end up you will release nothing and move onto something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEVER SETTLE as the Unofficial CyanogenMod 11s port for CODINA is now here! Powered by FORCEware!

Announcements:
    TEST VERSION
    This ROM will have slow development until OCTOBER

What is CyanogenMOD?
    CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices . Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.​

What is CyanogenMOD 11s?
    Find out more about CyanogenMOD 11s HERE

What is ONEPLUSONE?
    Again, find out more about the ONEPLUSONE HERE

What is FORCEware?
    FORCEware is a set of ROM's that are further customized and improved upon their predecessors by me, Furrydaus. This ROM is the SECOND ROM developed under the FORCEware name and aims to bring you the best out of ROMS for your device! The First FORCEware is for the XSP and it is a PORT for CM11s too. Check it out here: [LINK]http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/development/port-forceware-unofficial-t2859792[/LINK]​

Definitions for Noobs
    Here's a list of things new users want to take note of to inform you of things:
    • ROM: A ROM is a Customized Version Of Android [You should know this by now]
    • Flash: Flash is the term to describe the process of installing something into your device
    • Root: Root is defined as the 'Administrator Mode' for Android
    • CWM/PHILZ/TWRP: This are the recoveries that are used to flash things to your device
    • Soft-Brick: A soft-brick will make your device useless as there isn't any android system installed. To recover from a soft-brick, refer to guides that show you how to recover using ODIN
    • To learn more, USE GOOGLE SEARCH

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM11s for CODINA |FORCEware|, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
    Furrydaus
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM Recovery and everything needed for CM installation
    Based On: FORCEware CM11s for XSP

Version Information

Created 2014-09-04
    Last Updated 2014-09-04
    Sorry to hear everyone is having problems. I'll address some of them here.

Firstly I'm not a fully fledged Galaxy Ace II Developer and you have to understand that this is my first development on a Samsung device and I'm trying to get used to how things work here.

Secondly this ROM is a port of my ROM for the Xperia SP and it as expected didn't turned out very well during boot. The bootloop fix is underway and please do understand this is a TEST. READ IN THE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Thirdly I condone the use of languages that violate the forum rules. For those who've used very unnecessary language I'm letting you off for now. If continued, I'm taking action. Believe me Im not afraid to lose supporters if they're unwilling to be courteous to others.

Fourth if youve have any experience with rom creation for Samsung devices, I can use assistance in development. Because again, im new to Samsung devices.

Fifth, I own a galaxy ace II and yes I'm mainly using my SONY device. Understand that I can't flash ROMs myself on my ace as I've given it to my cousin. Why I decide to develop this for the ace? Simply because I want to see how Samsung development goes.

If you've any more queries, please leave a message in the thread and I will attend to you shortly.

Regards,
    Furrydaus

Refer to the recent lengthy post I've posted in page 3

Yes, site THREE (3).

@danny19901

Changelog

Changelog
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]| Alpha V4 - BUG FIX UPDATE |
    [*]Added new lines of code to fix some wifi + mobile data performance issues
    [*]Added battery life tweaks
    [*]Dalvik Cache Improvements ported from other ROMs
    [*]UI Stuttering Bug Fixed
    [*]Bootup time decreased slightly by a couple of seconds
    [*]Graphics performance improved
    [*]Updates some pre-installed applications
    [/LIST]
    [*]| Alpha V1 |
    [*]Improved Updater Script
    [*]Torch.apk Fix
    [*]build.prop tweaks
    [*]Latest Minimalistic GApps
    [*]Notification Light Support for more colors
    [*]New Compatibility Checker
    [*]Battery Tweaks
    [*]OTA Prototype
    [*]Improved Phone Security with updated certificates
    [*]Improved Bandwith
    [*]Improved Mobile Data
    [/LIST]

Version Notes
    Code:
    None as of the moment
    The only reason i don't use cm 11 is live streaming. Is it working in this rom?