Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Sony Xperia Torch

Tip us?

kamalaggi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSkill View Post
This official app really sucks!! Is really weak and when you turn off the screen app wont work
It works on mine with the screen off.

Swarai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there a way to make the light since brighter?

nreuge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarai View Post
Is there a way to make the light since brighter?
The first question to ask is: is it safe. If the light brightness is rather low, there may be a good reason...
Xperia T > Xperia Z2
Rom: [4.4.2][.314] eXistenZ Ultimate v2.0.0 - Kernel: DooMKernel (v10) - System tweaks: XperiatweakZ2

My mods for Xperia Z2 [4.4.2]

Swarai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't necessarily believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
The first question to ask is: is it safe. If the light brightness is rather low, there may be a good reason...

nreuge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarai View Post
I don't necessarily believe that.
This was an assumption. Better to be prudent...
Xperia T > Xperia Z2
Rom: [4.4.2][.314] eXistenZ Ultimate v2.0.0 - Kernel: DooMKernel (v10) - System tweaks: XperiatweakZ2

My mods for Xperia Z2 [4.4.2]

hasn4179
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Passing high amount of current through led for a very long time can cause damage, thats why only the last pulse of flash in photo capturing is the brightest, as it is for only a short amount of time (even less than a second)
if you can figure out how much current the LED can endure (through datasheet), you can increase the brightness of the LED by increasing the current value "in some system file" but be careful not to exceed the threshold value, or the LED will confirm get damaged(sorry i dont know exact file, maybe google can help?)
still, i cant 100% guarantee the LED will be safe for custom values, but when i used xperia U, one guy made a "LUXEN LED brightness increasing mod" which i still use even now on my xpU and my LED is much brighter and not damaged
Its just, if you are gonna try it, you should have idea of basic electrical engineering so you can read the datasheet easily and understand all the "dangers" involved, if any..
The Following User Says Thank You to hasn4179 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]