Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omni 4.4.4. on my Acer a500...Sweet!

Tip us?

Fanarkle
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default bootloader/recovery version?

I am currently running the CyanogenMod port on my A500 but ever since upgrading my phone to KK 4.4.4 I really wanted to try it on my tablet. What bootloader and recovery did you guys have when you installed OmniRom? I have Skrilax_CZ v8 and I was wondering if I should go to v9 before flashing CWM 6.0.4.5 and Omni. Here is what I currently have:

Acer Iconia A500
Kernel: 3.1.10-digetx-thor-4.4micro
Skrilax_CZ Bootloader v8 0.03.14-MUL
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.x Thor 1.7.3

Thanks in advance. I am backing up now and will report back after flashing.

P.S. - Can I install my own custom boot animation after everything is set up?

deryckmeister
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanarkle View Post
I am currently running the CyanogenMod port on my A500 but ever since upgrading my phone to KK 4.4.4 I really wanted to try it on my tablet. What bootloader and recovery did you guys have when you installed OmniRom? I have Skrilax_CZ v8 and I was wondering if I should go to v9 before flashing CWM 6.0.4.5 and Omni. Here is what I currently have:

Acer Iconia A500
Kernel: 3.1.10-digetx-thor-4.4micro
Skrilax_CZ Bootloader v8 0.03.14-MUL
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.x Thor 1.7.3

Thanks in advance. I am backing up now and will report back after flashing.

P.S. - Can I install my own custom boot animation after everything is set up?
This is what I have:
A500
Skrilax_CZ v8
Thor's a500 version of TWRP v2.7 Recovery.

About changing the boot animation it is possible, the developers can tell you more.

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to deryckmeister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fanarkle
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryckmeister View Post
This is what I have:
A500
Skrilax_CZ v8
Thor's a500 version of TWRP v2.7 Recovery.

About changing the boot animation it is possible, the developers can tell you more.

D.
Thanks, yesterday I said what the hell and just went for it. I mean, I had everything backed up and have been able to recover this tablet from a (near) bricked state using command line before so I wasn't that worried about it. Anyway, I flashed CWM 6.0.4.5 and then OmniRom Light and everything has been working good since then. I tried using a boot animation changer by JRummy but it didn't take, so I will have to look more into that. Otherwise, I am LOVING this ROM!

The reason I asked about Skrilax_CZ v9 was that it had given be troubles in the past. I tried upgrading to it but had issues with it not booting past the bootloader so I went back to v8. I don't think I need any of the v9 features anyway.
AT&T Motorola Atrix HD MB886
PhilZ Touch 6.48.6 (CWM 6.0.5.0 based)
CyanogenMod 11 cm-11-20140818-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960_jbbl

Acer Iconia A500
Skrilax_CZ Bootloader v8
ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.5
omniLight-4.4.4-20140623-a500

deryckmeister
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanarkle View Post
Thanks, yesterday I said what the hell and just went for it. I mean, I had everything backed up and have been able to recover this tablet from a (near) bricked state using command line before so I wasn't that worried about it. Anyway, I flashed CWM 6.0.4.5 and then OmniRom Light and everything has been working good since then. I tried using a boot animation changer by JRummy but it didn't take, so I will have to look more into that. Otherwise, I am LOVING this ROM!

The reason I asked about Skrilax_CZ v9 was that it had given be troubles in the past. I tried upgrading to it but had issues with it not booting past the bootloader so I went back to v8. I don't think I need any of the v9 features anyway.
I did find the same thing with v9. v8 is great and works for me very well also.

On another note, if you use the latest Netflix build, do you find that sometimes it just crashes and causes an immediate reboot? Not sure what triggers it as it is random.

D.

diffusore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
in last omnirom not working camera.