Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Gear Bricked, Odin always Fail

Tip us?

wieczor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default problem

i have problem i have message with firmware upgrade error and my watch is turning on and off in usb so I cant perform steps above any suggestions ?

noellenchris
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by wieczor View Post
i have problem i have message with firmware upgrade error and my watch is turning on and off in usb so I cant perform steps above any suggestions ?
press and hold power for at least 10sec to force reboot, reattach to usb and kies. Then reboot again the watch and close kies and open Odin, see if it works. Mine was wonky like that another time and I think it was when I was halfway through Odin install and my computer suddenly decided it detected my device again and started to update a driver. Then it failed and I had similar issue. After playing with it a bit it started to see the gear and it wasn't flashing. Good luck.

P.s. It failed a second time again and then finally worked on third try while closing my eyes...:P

Chris

TMOUS Galaxy Note III Rooted Tweaked
Samsung Galaxy Gear 1 TizenMod by Skin1980
TMOUS Galaxy S4 Stock(Son's)
HP TouchPad CM9 Nightlies
-----------------------------------
T-Mobile HTC HD2 (I will keep this one till it dies!)
Cotulla's MAGLDR NAND w/CWM & CM10

[TMOUS Galaxy Note II][TMOUS Galaxy S III][TMOUS Galaxy S II][AT&T Fuze (Rafael)]
[Cingular(Refurb) 8525 (Hermes 100)][Sprint Vogue] [Cingular 8125 Wizard...gone now;(]

XDA Forum Rules

These phone's are addicting! The more tweaks/apps etc. I read about the more I have to cram into my phone! Can my phone overdose???

wieczor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellenchris View Post
press and hold power for at least 10sec to force reboot, reattach to usb and kies. Then reboot again the watch and close kies and open Odin, see if it works. Mine was wonky like that another time and I think it was when I was halfway through Odin install and my computer suddenly decided it detected my device again and started to update a driver. Then it failed and I had similar issue. After playing with it a bit it started to see the gear and it wasn't flashing. Good luck.

P.s. It failed a second time again and then finally worked on third try while closing my eyes...:P

Chris

closing my eyes helped cheers mate
The Following User Says Thank You to wieczor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]